Luster Dust

Baking By Flowerpot Updated 3 Mar 2007 , 2:51am by Fairytale

Flowerpot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Flowerpot Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 1:14pm
post #1 of 9

Just wondering how many people use this product. (Luster Dust) I haven't tried it yet and wonder if it's something I just MUST HAVE!

Thanks so much.

Flower

8 replies
MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 9

Lustre dust is pretty much my life! I love it!! It's really easy to use, and it gives you a really nice "lustre" effect on cookies and cakes.

I found a website with 209 different lustre dusts, and I put at least 180 in my wish list!! icon_rolleyes.gif

It can be a little expensive depending on where you buy it, but the cheapest I've found it was at www.countrykitchensa.com

Every one who asks me about it I reccomend it to. I'm a big fan of it.

-Jasmine

Flowerpot Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 9

Can you tell me just how you use it?

Thanks so much!

Flower

crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 9

I mix it with some vodka, or whatever I have in the house as long as it is clear, and paint it on. I love to use it make things look pearlized. In my pics I did an engagement ring and used the silver to make the ring band silver. So easy!

MelZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelZ Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 4:22pm
post #5 of 9

I use it quite a bit; it adds a touch of elegance.

Thanks for the link Jasmine, that is about $.80 cents less than what I was paying for mine.

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 4:42pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerpot

Just wondering how many people use this product. () I haven't tried it yet and wonder if it's something I just MUST HAVE!

Thanks so much.

Flower

Yes, I like using the one sold at Cake Central. I didn't have lemon extract or a clear alcohol, so I used vanilla extract. It worked wonderful. I only did one coat and it was nice and bright.

I should mention that someone asked me if the vanilla was thick. And yes, the vanilla I buy, is not watery, but nice and thick. Maybe that meant a difference.

MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 3 Mar 2007 , 1:46am
post #7 of 9

You're welcome about the link, MelZ, and your repunzal cake is amazing!

-----------------

I use water when I dont have a lot of Lemon Extract, and like everyone else said, I just paint it on.

It's pretty sad when I go to bed thinking about which color I will buy next...

-Jasmine

Flowerpot Posted 3 Mar 2007 , 2:12am
post #8 of 9

What colors do you think are a "must"--I'm really ready to order now that's I've read your comments.

Flower

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 3 Mar 2007 , 2:51am
post #9 of 9

I use tons of petal and luster dust. My favorite petal dusts are fuchsia and lime green. My favorite luster dusts are cotton candy, orchid pink and spiced pumpkin. I also LOVE 24 karate gold dust. There is nothing like it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%