Cupcakes: Need Ideas

Decorating By Michie21 Updated 8 Mar 2007 , 6:56pm by GeminiRJ

Michie21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michie21 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 12:37am
post #1 of 15

Hi Everyone,

I have been asked to do cupcakes for my nephew's 9th birthday day. He's having a swim party at the local YMCA so we figured cupcakes are the easiest way to go. I wanted to do something cool however I have to make about 50 cupcakes so it would also need to be something somewhat easy to duplicate 50 times. He loves marine life, the beach and the ocean so I was thinking of sticking with that theme since it's a swim party. Any ideas??????????

Thanks in advance for the help!!

~Michelle

14 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 12:43am
post #2 of 15

candy molds of shells on top of each?

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 12:46am
post #3 of 15

fish in water.....
LL
LL
LL

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 12:48am
post #4 of 15

This might be a lot of work but it just popped into my head so i thought i would share. What about blue icing (water) then covering one have with light brown sugar or some kind of cookie crumb (beach) then sticking a little drink umbrella in the beach part. Now that i wrote all that I am thinking that is not under the sea life but ...oh well

~alicia

Michie21 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 4:44pm
post #5 of 15

Thank you all for your ideas!! I'm probably going to combine something from each of them !!!

Aliwis... I loved the 'beach' Idea!! I think im going to do some fish and some with your beach idea and maybe make gum past surf boards instead of umbrellas!! Thanks again for everyone's help!

Michelle

Michie21 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 4:51pm
post #6 of 15

Antonia74..

any idea how to do the Fish cupcakes that are on the Wilton stand or where I could get basic instructions ?? From the picture I can tell it looks like some kind of cookie for the fish body but can't really tell alot of detail. I looked on the wilton site and couldn't find anything...

Dawn2467 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawn2467 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 5:00pm
post #7 of 15

Michelle, have you checked out some of the Sponge Bob cakes, cupcakes? There might be some cute ideas .

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 3 Mar 2007 , 11:32pm
post #8 of 15

No idea, Michie21. I'd check out their website!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2c-m Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2c-m Posted 4 Mar 2007 , 5:59am
post #10 of 15

What about doing a cupcake cake. Then you have less to decorate or it could be a more elaborate decoration.

Housemouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Housemouse Posted 5 Mar 2007 , 7:02pm
post #11 of 15

Or you could make paste heads/hair, arms and feet, and have swimmers in the icing water. not sure this v good description. When someone is swimming you just see an arm and/or their head coming out of the water.

Michie21 Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 6:22pm
post #12 of 15

Thank you all for your great suggestions and help!!

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 6:40pm
post #13 of 15

A cupcake cake sounds good. Let me share a picture. The theme was hawaiian, but you can put sea creatures like they'r swiming. I put a couple of kids made out of fondant in the island but my sister took them off so no one would eat them before the party.

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 6:56pm
post #14 of 15

Can't make this thing work!
LL

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 6:56pm
post #15 of 15

Make octupus cupcakes, using a large gumdrop for the octupus body. Ice the cupcakes blue, for water. Use a #8 tip to pipe the eight legs the same color as the gumdrop. Press the gumdrop in the center, and if you want, pipe a couple eyes and a smiling mouth. I've made these for school carnivals, and the octupus can be done in any color. They're super cute.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%