Doodlebops Cake Anyone???

Decorating By snicker Updated 14 Jan 2006 , 7:38pm by maxiecakes

snicker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snicker Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 1:35am
post #1 of 28

My son really wants to have a Doodlebops birthday party. Has anyone made or had a request for one? There still so new I can't find any party supplies or anything. I don't know about everyone else but the way things are going with the kids I know were all going to be making Doodlebops cakes soon!!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif Any ideas would be helpful.

Nicole

27 replies
tawnyachilders Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tawnyachilders Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 1:41am
post #2 of 28

Hi,

I did a Doodlebops a couple of weeks ago, its in my photos, I couldn't find anything for it. I had to end up doing an edible image. I could barely find a decent picture. Good Luck!!!!

meme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meme Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 1:46am
post #3 of 28

oh my just reading this post I can't get them out my head!!! I keep hearing "I'm Dee Dee Doodle ect." my daughter loves them!!!

snicker Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 1:47am
post #4 of 28

Thanks tawnyachilders for sharing that!! I called my 2 year old in to look at it and he said "I want that!!" Then he said the same thing for your Thomas cake icon_rolleyes.gif What do you expect from a 2 year old?? Your cakes are adoreable. I don't need it till July ( yes i'm a planner) icon_redface.gif Hopefully by then they'll have some party supplies!!

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 1:49am
post #5 of 28

You could do a 3 tier cake with each one of their colors for each tier. Maybe do something with fondant to mimic their crazy hairdos on the side. I'm just guessing. They weird me out just a bit, especially Rooney!! icon_lol.gif

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 1:50am
post #6 of 28

Doodle Bops!!!!! Oh man! I feel sorry for you having to make a cake with that theme. They are so creepy!!!!

Well, at least you cake will be colorful! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Can you go online to maybe playhousedisney.com and see if they are on there? Maybe you could print something out and do a transfer!!!!!

Good Luck!!!

Amy

dodibug Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 1:54am
post #7 of 28

Cakemommy-I am so glad I'm not the only one who thinks they are FREAKY!

snicker Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 2:14am
post #8 of 28

I was definitely with you on them being scarey. At first my husband and I both made fun of them so much. Now its almost become endearing. Now some mornings when he's off, we all sit and watch it together belting out "get on the bus"! Funny how things happen like that icon_lol.gif

tanyap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyap Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 2:40am
post #9 of 28

...I still think Teletubbies are worse...at least the Doodlebugs use coherent sentences!! icon_wink.gif

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 4:14am
post #10 of 28

I know I know!!! I actually caught myself watching them this morning with my 3 year old. About 20 minutes into the show (almost over at that point) I came back down to earth and realized what I was watching. How sad!

Yes, at least you can understand them. It's not so much the girl but the two guys are just painful to look at. I wonder who in the world thought dressing humans up in costumes like that was a great idea. Oh well! The kids like them and the show does teach about sciences and manners and such!

Amy

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 12:27am
post #11 of 28

Ha Ha Funny this was mentioned. Brian and I were with hubby at Dr. appt. And out of no where I was like" wheres Moe". OMG I think I need to get out more!!!!

mjsparkles2001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjsparkles2001 Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 12:30am
post #12 of 28

I love the Doodlebops!

Lovabledes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovabledes Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 12:38am
post #13 of 28

Oh my....Ever since my daughter knew that they were on tv, everytime, Doodlebops.....All i remeber from seeing the show is "get on the bus" song....that song stays in your head for a very long time......lol

I haven't seen any party supplies for them.....

I know when The Wiggles first came out, I was going to do my daughters party with them couldnt find nothing, now they are everywhere......

Yes the doodlebops are scarey looking

'Don't Pull the Rope, Mo!" lol

Good luck
Betty

dodibug Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 1:17am
post #14 of 28

What is up with that rope thing anyhow!?!

Eeeekkkk, run it's a Doodlebop! icon_lol.gif

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 1:32am
post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodibug

What is up with that rope thing anyhow!?!

Eeeekkkk, run it's a Doodlebop! icon_lol.gif

No, it is a Dodibop!
icon_wink.gif

dodibug Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 2:01am
post #16 of 28

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

briansbaker Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 2:43am
post #17 of 28

Here is a little something I put together.. Maybe something in these colors.. using a little fondant and BC.. GOOD LUCK
LL

briansbaker Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 2:44am
post #18 of 28

Ha Ha my piano keys are a little off.. But you get the idea..

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 2:49am
post #19 of 28

Abig giant THANK YOU to you guys!!! Now I am going to go to bed singing those stupid songs and will probably have Doodlebop nightmares!!!

"Now count to 10 1...2...3...4...5..6...7.8910

Lovabledes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovabledes Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 2:51am
post #20 of 28

count to 10 makes all your worries go away.......... icon_biggrin.gif

do do do do do, were the doodlebops, were the doddlebops......lol I can sing all night......lol heheheehehehehe

Now I'm going to get chased by an orange head man.......lol

Betty

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 2:59am
post #21 of 28

If you do a Google search now, there are quite a few photos for these funny looking characters. Maybe use Briansbaker's idea and make some chocolate transfers, frozen buttercream transfers with the photos (or even make the edible images on fondant) to add to the cake. Good luck! Janice

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 4:16am
post #22 of 28

I started off thinking that the Doodlebops were creepy, but I must admit they have grown on me. My kids both love them, and more often than not I will watch it with them. There's lots of dancing and moving at my house when the Doodlebops are on! icon_razz.gif

As far as cake ideas, what about doing 'the bus'? Also, here's a fun site, they actually have the lyrics to most of the Doodlebop songs.
http://www.dontpulltherope.com
Also, the doodlebops.com site has a few printables of the characters. Have fun!!

SquirrellyCakes Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 4:48am
post #23 of 28

Haha, didn't realize this was Canadian. Boy we do make our contributions, haha!
So glad I have you folks to keep me in touch with what is hot with the "knee high to a grasshopper" crowd.
Hugs Squirrelly

snicker Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 8:24pm
post #24 of 28

Thank you guys for all of your ideas, Brians baker that looks good combining their colors and I love the piano keys idea!!
I also like the bus idea. I'm thinking maybe the tiers with a little bus on top. What ya'll think?? Sounds like a lot of us don't get out much icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

SquirrellyCakes Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 8:31pm
post #25 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by snicker

Thank you guys for all of your ideas, Brians baker that looks good combining their colors and I love the piano keys idea!!
I also like the bus idea. I'm thinking maybe the tiers with a little bus on top. What ya'll think?? Sounds like a lot of us don't get out much icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

That idea is great! Hhmn, regarding the possibility of some of us not getting out much, haha, that might not be a bad thing for the rest of the population!
Hugs SQuirrelly

briansbaker Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 9:02pm
post #26 of 28

LOL icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Amen SquirrellyCakes

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 9:20pm
post #27 of 28

I can't get the doodlebop cake off my mind! Thank goodness I don't have to do this cake (yet)
I did look up the web site
http://www.dontpulltherope.com/

Can you believe it? It is actually Don't pull the rope .com??!!

Anyway it looks like a tye dye swirl, the bus, guitar,or a combination would work.

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 14 Jan 2006 , 7:38pm
post #28 of 28

I THINK THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS WITH THE DOODLEBOPS,JUST LIKE WILLY WONKA AND THE WIZZARD OF OZ. I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO GET A REQUEST FOR ONE, I LOVE ALL THE COLORS.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%