Cookie Shoppe Might Let Me Use Their Kitchen In Exchange....

Baking By Daniellemhv Updated 23 Mar 2007 , 11:11pm by JamesSweetie

Daniellemhv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniellemhv Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 10

Oh I am so nervous! I called a bakery I read about in the paper about this 60 year old man who retired but then decided to open up a cookie shoppe instead. So I called him and offered to make specialty wedding cookies in exchange for letting me use his kitchen to make my cakes so I could become legal. I was so nervous talking to him on the phone I was just rambling and making no sense haha, and he was asking me questions like "how long have you known about my shoppe, where did you find my name, who else have you called, how old are you......." and stuff like that. I'm 20 years old but my voice makes me sound like a 15 year old, especially over the phone. I told me I've been making cakes cookies my whole life, I have wilton training. He asked me how many weddings I have done (I was thinking "CRAP! I've done Zero!") So I told him "Well, I haven't done any cakes for an actual wedding because I'm not liscenced to do so, but I've made wedding style cakes for birthdays and special occasions" haha then I was thinking (wow! where did that sentance come from? good answer! haha)

I also told him that I was HUNDREDs of dollars worth of equipment, I could use all my own stuff, he could use any of my equiptment. I have experience in fondant, luster dust, petite flowers, specialty cookie shapes (that last ones kind of a little fib, BUT I am going to learn and make some this weekend to show him)

Things I should have told him but forgot to:
I am the Cake Decorating instructor at A.C. Moore
I worked in a Cookie Shoppe a few years ago.

I am so nervous but so happy! He told me to call him next week sometime so we can set up a meeting and I can so him some samples. so

OMG! I need sample ideas. Something IMPRESSIVE!

Wedding favor cookies
Birthday cookies
Cookies using fondant, petite flowers, luster dust
Specialty shaped cookies such as dogwood and etc
How to make your own cookie cutters.

I would really appreciate any advice. I really want this deal. I feel like I'm asking you guys to do all my work for me but that's not what i'm trying to do, you just have so much experience when it comes to cookies and will probably know the best WOW cookies.

Thank You Thank You Thank You

9 replies
Daniellemhv Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 10

"I also told him that I was HUNDREDs of dollars worth of equipment, I could use all my own stuff, he could use any of my equiptment. I have "

I meant to say that I HAVE hundreds of dollars in equiptment

val_nutrimetics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
val_nutrimetics Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 10

Congratulations! thumbs_up.gif & good luck!

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 8:02pm
post #4 of 10

Congratulations. I'm happy for you. thumbs_up.gif

sassijen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassijen Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 10

Congratulations, sounds like a great deal. I'm sure what ever you do to show your work, he'll just love. From looking at your pics. you have a lot of talent.

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 8:18pm
post #6 of 10

Judging from your photos, you have nothing to worry about. He will be just as impressed as I am. You really need to make sure that you tell him what you forgot to tell him, especially the fact that you are an cake decorating instructor.

As far as samples go how about a three cookie spring bouquet or a wedding bouquet, engagement ring, hearts, or the stacked sugar cookie that looks like a wedding cake. I hope this helps some.

You will do fine.

Congrat!

Daniellemhv Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 8:39pm
post #7 of 10

thanks guys. sweeteecakes, I love your ideas! I'm gonna have to try that.

deerickert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deerickert Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 9:15pm
post #8 of 10

Wow - what a great opportunity for you. I also think you should show him your pictures that you already have. They look great. I wish you all the luck. This can lead into so many avenues for you.
Diane

Daniellemhv Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 9:59pm
post #9 of 10

Yea I hope it works out

JamesSweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamesSweetie Posted 23 Mar 2007 , 11:11pm
post #10 of 10

I really admire your courage and ambition in putting yourself out there. Have you heard from the shop owner or had the meeting yet?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%