Wild West Theme Cake

Decorating By talking_head Updated 13 Jan 2006 , 4:47am by bakersofcakes

talking_head Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
talking_head Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 18

I am searching for a wild west themed cake that is not a cowboy hat or a boots. I am looking for an idea that incorporates all elements of the wildwest in a fun, baby-ish way for my 1 yr olds wild west theme birthday! Please help!!!

17 replies
bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 7:37pm
post #2 of 18

OK, this is not exactly what you want, but there is a really cute cake that I really like. Go to Galleries, click on the Search button, and put in cowboy. the cake is brown with a cowboy, rope, cactus. Just a neat cake that might give you something to start with. Hope this helps. The cake was done by montanakate.

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 7:48pm
post #3 of 18

Stanley (from the disney channel) did a wild west episode (Stanley's Dinosaur Roundup). Perhaps there is a picture of him on a horse or something similar you could do. That might be good for a 1-year old.

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 8:10pm
post #4 of 18

I immedialy thought of this cake done by NewtoCakes
I LOVE the bandana cake..... sooooo cute!
LL

talking_head Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 8:59pm
post #5 of 18

i could not find the cake by montanakate icon_sad.gif
Can you please, please paste it?

the bandana looks awsome.. but the boots look super-difficult to make!!!!

bulldog Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 10:03pm
post #6 of 18

I do not know how to paste a link, but try "cactus" under search in the galleries. There are only a few, and you should see the one I am talking about. It is in the bottom row.

mamasota Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamasota Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 10:28pm
post #7 of 18

Being that he's 1 yr old, why don't you make him a barn yard theme. you can make the cake to look like a barn and put animals around it with fences. This type of cake is very kid friendly. Let me know if this help

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 4:30am
post #8 of 18
JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 5:21am
post #9 of 18

I did a wild west party for my son's 3rd birthday. I made "WANTED" posters on the computer (old paper looking background and black and white picture of him wearing his cowboy outfit & hat making a mean face) and burned them all around the edges and posted them all around the house inside and out. I had his 'stats' all listed...height, weight, eye color, etc. Even gave him an outlaw name....Isaac "Smarty Pants" Thompson...lol. Everyone got a big kick out of it, especially the bday boy. I know that isn't a cake idea, specifically, but I thought it could maybe spur (no pun intended...lol) some ideas for you. You could make a wanted poster of the boys and then have an edible image made or something? Google 'wanted posters'....it'll bring up lots of different kinds, real and fake ones, old and new ones. Hope that helped some... icon_redface.gif

****edited to add: the pic of the little boy is NOT mine...these are both examples I found on-line. I should have noted that before...sorry for any confusion it may have caused. icon_redface.gif
LL
LL

talking_head Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 1:51pm
post #10 of 18

Thanks much for posting the link. It's such a cute cake icon_smile.gif Love the cactus.

And the wanted posters are so cool. You did such a good job!

But as mamasota said, trying to incorporate a bran yard theme will make it more 1 yr appropriate. I chose the cowboy theme because my 8 month old is always upto something and has such a mischevious expression, I thought he would make a cute "outlaw" icon_biggrin.gif

But honestly, I am open to other ideas as well.

bulldog Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 3:43pm
post #11 of 18

Yes, that is the cake, gma1956. I think that is really cute. I also did a wanted poster for my son on his 3rd B-day. Very cute.

mamasota Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamasota Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 12:43pm
post #12 of 18

Here are a couple of pictures of barn yard theme I found on the net. Hope it helps.
LL
LL
LL

talking_head Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 2:26pm
post #13 of 18

oh my god. Such cute cakes. LOVE those haystacks on the stacked cake.

pinkflamingo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkflamingo Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 3:49pm
post #14 of 18

I have a western cake on my photos page. I don't know how to attach it here, but you can click on the photos link below this message to see it. It is bandana top tier on a denim bottome tier.

talking_head Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 4:42pm
post #15 of 18

pink flamingo, thats an awsome cake. how creative!

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 3:59am
post #16 of 18

This is a very cute cake from Sugar Shack
LL

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 4:35am
post #17 of 18

Thanks for posting that, MommyEdzards! I really like the flexibility of this one...it would be very easy to customize and make more feminie or masculine. icon_smile.gif

bakersofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakersofcakes Posted 13 Jan 2006 , 4:47am
post #18 of 18

If you did a barnyard theme cake, you could get the Little People (Fisher Price? & I think Walmart has a "generic" set, too) figures & animals to set around the "barnyard." It could be part of your 1 yr. olds birthday present. Oh, wait, what is the recommended age for Little People figures? (Well, they could be kept for later on. icon_redface.gif )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%