Arranging Cookie Bouquets

Baking By taniabanana Updated 12 Jan 2006 , 9:38am by taniabanana

taniabanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taniabanana Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 6

Hello!

Does anyone have any tips on arranging cookies for bouquets? And how do the 'big' companies do the tissue thing? Mine always end up looking messy. icon_sad.gif

Thanks!

5 replies
Chef_Mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Mommy Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 6

Thank you for posting this. The same thing always happens to me with the tissue paper I always wonder how everyone does this. I would really like to know.

Thanks
Jackie

princessjellybean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princessjellybean Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 7:22pm
post #3 of 6

i just grab the centre of the tissue paper with my fingers and then with the other hand, i use my thumb and pointer finger make a circle and run the paper threw and then just tuck it in whereever you need it.. hope that make sense...hard to explain in written word.

ngarza07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngarza07 Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 6

When I used tissue paper, I would first make a tuft of tissue. I would cut tissue about 10" square, use a florist wooden pick w/wire and tie the tissue to that, wrapping the wire around the 'corner' of the tuft. Then poke this into the styrofoam. This got to be a lot of work so I just started using paper shredds. It's cheaper, faster, and looks better. You can see the cookies better. Plus I think the "pro's" use styrofoam that is tapered (cone shaped) to create their boquets. And those shapes are expensive.

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 6

I think maybe this: lay tissue paper flat on table and take styrofoam form and place in middle of tissue paper with glue or tape then stick in your cookies then pick up from bottom of tissue paper and put in your container Or you could probably just put tissue paper in container first then the styrofoam then adjust the tissue paper to your liking then stick in the cookies. That way you don't have to move the arrangement without being in the container. Just make sure there is enough tissue paper to rise above the top of the container but just below the cookies and enough to cover up the styrofoam. To fancy up the tissue paper you could use those decorative scissors and cut edges to give it a more decorative touch. You should also wrap the styrofoam form in a piece of tissue paper so that pieces of it don't shred but I guess it depends on type of styrofoam whether you will have that problem. It would probably also look more professional if you are selling. Hope this was easy to understand. But as ngarza70 indicated, the shreds of paper may be easier. Well, these are just some ideas so I hope this helps.

taniabanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taniabanana Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 9:38am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone for your help and ideas. I'll be trying them all this weekend! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%