Cake Fillings

Decorating By lilladycreations Updated 12 Jan 2006 , 4:11pm by PerryStCakes

lilladycreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilladycreations Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 10

I'M LOOKING FOR SOME GREAT FILLING IDEAS FOR STRAWBERRY CAKE, ALSO FOR A YELLOW CAKE. THANKS.

9 replies
ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 10

http://ladycakes.com/Recipes/Fillings/fillings.htm

Try looking here... she has some really good filling recipes icon_smile.gif

jenscrativecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscrativecakes Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 10

One of my favorites is a strawberry filling.

1 small jar jet puff marshmellow cream
1 8oz softened block cream cheese
1/2 can Comstock Strawberry pie or topping mix

cream creamchesse with mixer and then add the marshmellow cream. Slowly add pie filling til mixed. chill 1 hour then add to cake!
Enjoy!!!!

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 8:58pm
post #4 of 10

I have a question about cake fillings. I'm always paranoid that the filling will go bad if I use it in a fondant covered cake. Since I can't put fondant covered cakes in the fridge, where do you put yours til serving/delivery? Also, how long can these filling last in there? I'd love to try fruit and custard fillings, but don't want them to go bad!

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Mirjana

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 4:45pm
post #5 of 10

Most of the time I buy the non-refrigeration fillings from www.sugarcraft.com.

PerryStCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PerryStCakes Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 4:54pm
post #6 of 10

mvucic - how long will your cake stay out while covered in fondant? Many fruit fillings will be fine in there unrefrigerated for a day or so...

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 11 Jan 2006 , 11:01pm
post #7 of 10

I guess I'm wondering, since a fondant covered cake can stay fresh 2-3 days out, does that go for those filled with all types of fillings or just certain ones?

I usually make a ganache filling (like for truffles) which can handle this amount of time. But if I make something like a strawberry filling, how long with it last with a fondant icing at room temp.?

TIA!
Mirjana

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 7:18am
post #8 of 10

I don't think I would use the filling with cream cheese if the cake cannot be refrigerated. I made a filling just mixing some buttercream with the strawberry filling that comes in the sleeve. I think that would be fine and it tasted great.

JamesSweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamesSweetie Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 2:10pm
post #9 of 10

I'm thankful someone asked this, because I really want to make a Bailey's chocolate mousse for my Aunts cake (from the ladycakes site above), but am paranoid about how long it would be okay not in the fridge (like when its out to serve). This mousse does have the eggs brought to 160F which is supposed to kill the bacteria, but I'm a worrywort icon_redface.gificon_razz.gif

Can fondant really not go in the fridge? I know royal icing can't.

PerryStCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PerryStCakes Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 4:11pm
post #10 of 10

mvucic - I am going to PM you with my fabulous berry filling (you can use any berry). I have given it to a bunch of other CC users and everyone is very happy with it.

(Also, I have't had a bride yet who hasn't included it in her cake! well, except the cupcake ones...)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%