Recipe For Raspberry And Apricot Filling

Baking By cocakedecorator Updated 4 Apr 2005 , 12:33am by Ladycake

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 2:07am
post #1 of 9

I am looking for recipes for Raspberry and Apricot Fillings. I am sure someone out there has one!
icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 4:00am
post #2 of 9

I think you can find what your looking for here.. http://www.ladycakes.com/Recipes/Fillings/fillings.htm

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 9

I made the raspberry filling from ladycake's site, it worked very well. I would recommend though putting a thin layer of icing on before you make your dam and put the filling in so that the raspberry does not soak into the cake and make the cake mushy.

cocakedecorator Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 5:00pm
post #4 of 9

Thank you so much. I look on Ladycakes web site and it was very helpful!
icon_smile.gif

Ladycake Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 5:56pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0use

I made the raspberry filling from ladycake's site, it worked very well. I would recommend though putting a thin layer of icing on before you make your dam and put the filling in so that the raspberry does not soak into the cake and make the cake mushy.

Any time you put filling on a cake you need to make a dam and you should put a thin coating of frosting to help it from soaking in to the cake..

cocakedecorator Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 4:15pm
post #6 of 9

This will be my 1st attempt at a filled cake. I plan on using the Raspberry Filling recipe I found at ladycakes.com. How do I make a dam before filling?

Ladycake Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 4:34pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocakedecorator

This will be my 1st attempt at a filled cake. I plan on using the Raspberry Filling recipe I found at ladycakes.com. How do I make a dam before filling?

A Dam is just your buttercream icing I use a 1A tip you dont have to use that one use the largest you have and make a ring around the rim of the cake. Then add your filling to the center of the cake and spread... I would lay a thin layer of frosting on the cake first and then add your dam and then the filling this will help with the filling not soaking in to the cake..

cocakedecorator Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 12:31am
post #8 of 9

Thank you so much for the info. I was thinking that was the way it needed to be done, but wanted to make sure before I started. icon_smile.gif

Ladycake Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 12:33am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocakedecorator

Thank you so much for the info. I was thinking that was the way it needed to be done, but wanted to make sure before I started. icon_smile.gif

Its always smart to ask questions...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%