How To Make The 3D Bald Eagle Head

Decorating By spoiledtoodef Updated 10 Jan 2006 , 5:59am by mamastacy

spoiledtoodef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoiledtoodef Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 8

Hello everyone....I saw a cake on the site that has an 3D bald eagle head on the cake. We are military and this would be awesome to place on a re-enlistment cake. However, I am not sure were to start on how to create the support for the eagle head? Would cut the shape from a piece of cake or make it from something non edible? The cake I am talking about was the winner for the 2005 4th July Contest in the Photo Gallery it is located in the PAST CONTEST WINNERS. Anyone with any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....Thanks Kim usaribbon.gif

7 replies
sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 8

PM the person that made the cake for help.

spoiledtoodef Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 8

Sweetbaker....Hello, I tried that first before I decided to ask other decorators. I got no response....

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 9:54pm
post #4 of 8

Hi, I asked about this eagle myself since my nephew attends a college that uses an eagle as mascot and I wanted to make one of these for him.
The baker told me she got a mold for the head, but
can't remember where at this time, but it costs about $26.00 for the mold, so I didn't buy it. The online store was one that participated in the show in New Orleans and they just shut down for a couple of weeks for the show. If I can find any reference to the name I will let you know. I wound up doing an edible image of the school ID card for the cake. $26 was a little high for a mold I might never use again, at least that was my feeling. Wish I could help more. Janice

spoiledtoodef Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 11:31pm
post #5 of 8

Janice,
Thanks so much for your response. Yes, if you find any information please let me know. I will do a search to see if I can locate a mold. Thanks again....Kim

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 11:37pm
post #6 of 8

Hi Kim, you are welcome. I have just looked (again) on eBay, and didn't find anything that would work. Most of the molds I have found are all flat backs, and none are reversible.

I had thought about the possibility of using the 3D duck pan and make it into an eagle, but didn't try it, just an idea that came into my head.

Let me know too, if you find a mold...the nephew will be graduating soon! Janice

spoiledtoodef Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 11:46pm
post #7 of 8

Janice,
I will keep you posted...I may construct something by hand that is non edible and have the customer remove it before they cut the cake. I will have to play with it....thanks again Kim

mamastacy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamastacy Posted 10 Jan 2006 , 5:59am
post #8 of 8

not to sure how u would do this but i seen somewhere you could use the 3d duck pan! i hope this helps you !!
stacy,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%