Dora + Hot Wheels

Decorating By momoftwogirls Updated 26 Jun 2006 , 8:57pm by SLK

momoftwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momoftwogirls Posted 8 Jan 2006 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 10

I have a request to make a dora cake combined with hot wheels. Any suggestions???

I attached one that I saw someone else suggest, but i don't even know where to begin.

Please help. Thank you.
LL

9 replies
melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 12:05am
post #2 of 10

i've been looking for dora cakes and that one is perfect for my baby girls 3rd birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
i saw one on the wilton site, type in dora in the search....www.wilton.com someone did a dora cake combined with other themes, it looked really good. she squared the cake up and divided it by 4s and in each small square she put the theme, two doras two hot wheels.
where did you find that pic. i need it. i am going to try to print it.
melody

melodyscakes Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 12:09am
post #3 of 10

my printer is out of ink!!!!! bummed, i cant print off the wonderful pic. of dora. i cant find it in galleries either. so would you mind telling me where you found this pic. so i can write it down for when i need it in march?
thanks so much!!!!

melody

melodyscakes Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 12:10am
post #4 of 10

okay, drrr i just saw the web site across the pic.
do you think the head is cake, or a big glob of mmf?
melody

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 12:24am
post #5 of 10

The Dora cake is really cute! But looks very complicated. I can not tell if the head is the mini ball ir a ball of fondant.

If it were me combining the 2 themes...I would do a 2 tier round cake. I would decorate one tier(probably the bottom) with the hot wheels theme. Maybe make a race track or use some candy molded race cars. For the top tier I would do Dora(flowers, dora sugars). Then use a dora candle and a hot wheels car on top.

Just my thoughts...good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

momoftwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momoftwogirls Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 1:46pm
post #6 of 10

thanks traci!! I think that is just what i am going to do. It sounds easier.

melody - the cake is explained on the website: www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com

It is a mini ball pan for the head. Good luck melody in making it. I wish I had the talent to do so!

melodyscakes Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 4:16pm
post #7 of 10

i was just wondering, why do people want to combine cakes? why cant they just order two seperate cakes? that would be so much easier for us. ?????

melody

p.s. i think this dora cake may be a bit out of my reach, but i am going to attempt it anyway.
thanks for posting the picture!!!!!!

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 9:05pm
post #8 of 10

Another easy solution would be doing chocolate or candymelt transfers of the Dora characters and of Hot Wheels cars.
Hugs Squirrelly

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 4:54pm
post #9 of 10

melodyscakes, I would imagine that 2 separate cakes would be more expensive. icon_sad.gif If that isn't so, you might let them know when they place an order. Everyone I know (especially those with kids) is on a budget...

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 8:57pm
post #10 of 10

I had this experience just a few weeks ago. My dd was turning 3 and could not decide between Dora, Spongebob or Strawberry Shortcake...I could have stuck with just one theme...but, I wanted to see what a multi themed cake could look like. I called it Spongeberry Doradumpling. It's a topsy turvy cake with lots of characters.

I think the important thing is picking the right colors - that will pull the whole thing together. My cake is in my pics if you would like to look (sorry, I don't know how to attach it here.)

I say go for it, it could be a lot of fun.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%