Anyone Else Do This To Level A Cake

Decorating By midwestmom Updated 5 Apr 2005 , 3:57pm by diane

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 4:06am
post #31 of 37

He is likely busy, he has been on the other board we are on, Shugga. Very talented man, isn't he?
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 4:29am
post #32 of 37

He did have time to post his Mother's Day cookies. They are beautiful cookie dresses! He is a very talented man. Me thinks he'd prefer a diet of cookies and potato chips.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 4:35am
post #33 of 37

Heehee, I think you are right! Now that is a diet I would like too, but either would be nice if they didn't make me break out in fat, haha!
Yes his cookies are just gorgeous, I love them!
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 3:39pm
post #34 of 37

Hi, everyone! Well, I have been very busy working on my "now due in 2 days" cake. And I tried the pressing down method that Cali and a few others were talking about. I cannot tell you how pleased I was with the result!! icon_biggrin.gif That had to be the MOST level cake that I have ever done. I didn't have to trim a sliver of cake off. That was amazing to me. icon_surprised.gif In the years that I have been decorating, I have tried the various methods, ie knife leveling, wilton cake leveler, floss, etc. But never once did I come out with such a flat, beautiful surface. Thank you guys so much for everything you have ever shared with me. Every, tip, hint recipe, or idea. I love this site!! You all are great!! Wish me luck on getting this done in time.
~Tanya icon_wink.gif

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 3:40pm
post #35 of 37

Much success to you Tonya, I'm sure that you have everything under control!

Happy Baking!

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 3:49pm
post #36 of 37

Thanks, Mchelle. We will see how it goes tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully nothing else will come up. Will post when I have conquered the hill-LOL.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 3:57pm
post #37 of 37

i guess i'm the only one who has yet to try that method, but since i use the wilton strips i don't have that problem. if i ever have a pan that i can't use it on i will try that method and see how it goes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%