Wholesale Prices On Pettinice??

Business By ellepal Updated 6 Jan 2006 , 8:52pm by itsacake

ellepal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellepal Posted 6 Jan 2006 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 3

Hi,
I just wondered where people go to get wholesale prices on items as a vendor.

I just tried Pettinice fondant, and really liked working with it. I paid 40.00 for a 15 lb tub. I would like to know if anyone buys it wholesale, from whom, and for how much?

Also, where else do you go for wholesale prices on other things.

Thanks!
Ellen

2 replies
melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 6 Jan 2006 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 3

i buy my sugar, powder sugar, brown sugar, flour,and crisco at costco and it saves me a ton of money..plus i get 2% back at end of year that goes towards my next years membership fee. i get 50 pounds of powder sugar for $20.00 which is much better than dragging home a bunch of 1lb bags of it.

melody

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 6 Jan 2006 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 3

Hi Ellen,

I used to buy my Pettinice at the local cake decorating shop where it was a special order and about $80.00 for the 15 pound tub. When I found it at Pfeil and Holing (http://www.cakedeco.com) for $36.95 I was ecstatic because even with 20 dollars shipping that was a good deal. Now I've found it for $35.40 or something like that at a wholesalaer about 45 minutes away where I can pick it up for free or pay minimal shipping because it is local.

I think if you are paying $40.00 for the big tub, you are pretty close to wholesale and not likely to do much better.

I've gotten hi-ratio shortening from Bakemark. It's fifty pounds at a time, but it works out to about 50 cents a pound, instead of $6.00 or soemthing for 3 lobs at the local cake shop. According to the BakeMark website there is one close to you at:

BAKEMARK - GREAT LAKES
120 Victoria Rd.
Youngstown, OH 44515
tel: 330-793-3925
toll free: 800-688-2253
fax: 330-793-1643
General Manager: William Benedikt
Sales Manager: Henry Hiss
Regional VP: Tim Dove

They have a lot of other products, but none that I use. You can check to see if any are useful to you at:

http://www.bakemark.com/overview.html

I'm sure you could call them and talk about what they could do for you also.

Good Luck and let us know if you find out anything good to share.

Shalom,
itsacake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%