Molds Or Cutters

Baking By tsuitor Updated 7 Jan 2006 , 8:19pm by acookieobsession

tsuitor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsuitor Posted 6 Jan 2006 , 5:13pm
post #1 of 8

I am getting ready to make my first Cookie Bouquet, and I need to know what you prefer. Do you like using the Cookie Mold Pans that have the place for the stick, or do you like to use a Cookie Cutter.

Do you roll out the dough when using molds, or just cutters? How thick??

Sorry for so many questions, but I need HELP!!

Thanks,
Taresa

7 replies
kellyh57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyh57 Posted 6 Jan 2006 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 8

I have one of the mold pans and I really don't like it! You have to push the dough down and then it sticks, even if you do grease it. And it's awkward putting it in the oven and taking it out with the sticks poking out all over the place. Then you have to try to get them out without breaking them or losing the sticks. I like parchment paper and cookie sheets a milliong times better! You can also get SO many more designs in cookie cutters or make your own.

Kelly

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 6 Jan 2006 , 5:40pm
post #3 of 8

This link is helpful for making cookie bouquets

http://www.kitchengifts.com/makingcookiebouquets.html

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 6 Jan 2006 , 11:41pm
post #4 of 8

I'm partial to cutters. I roll my dough for regular cookies 1/4" thick anf a little thicker for cookies that I'll put sticks in for bouquets.

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 6 Jan 2006 , 11:44pm
post #5 of 8

icon_smile.gif if your cookies arevery big and thick, you can use dowels instead of the white paper sticks. Also, I prefer Silpat Mat, the cookies just comes off.. icon_smile.gif

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 6 Jan 2006 , 11:56pm
post #6 of 8

Has anyone tried Wilton Cake Release (or a similar product) on the cookie molds? You also have to make sure you press them in really good so you dont have any air holes when you pop them out.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 7 Jan 2006 , 12:13am
post #7 of 8

I have never tried the cake release inside the molds but use it all the time to grease my pans for cookie cakes. It come right out...I love that stuff!

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 7 Jan 2006 , 8:19pm
post #8 of 8

I prefer cutters. Plus I roll on a roll pat then place each cookie on a cookie size piece of parchment, insert stick, then put another piece of parchemnt on top, then flip over to make sure I did not come through with the stick. If you do just patch with dough. One note, if you plan to leave a portion of the cookie uniced (like maybe the face or something) make sure the pactched side of the cookie is the bottom (just flip using above method). Otherwise, when your cookie bakes you will have an uneven area that looks unattractive if left uniced.

I got this tip from either another website or a book I read. i have lost count of where I read all the information. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%