Tyler Texas Cake Supply Store??

Decorating By gilpnh Updated 1 Mar 2007 , 1:31am by jstump

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 3:23am
post #1 of 9

Since my local cake supply store has closed I am sending my mom who travels to cake supply stores wherever she may be, end of this week it will be Tyler Texas. Are there any cake supply stores there that anyone knows of???
Thanx

8 replies
tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 3:36am
post #2 of 9

I don't know of any in that area but there is one in Shreveport, Louisiana where I am. It's called Cake Creations. People from Tyler, Longview & the surrounding areas come to town to shop there. My friend owns it! So I highly recommend it!! Shreveport is an hour or so away from Tyler so it might be too far. Thought I'd still suggest it~

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 4:25am
post #3 of 9

Oh I wish we had one here! I always say that if I had the money instead of opening a cake bakery I'd open a cake supply store. If only I had the money.

There is a couple in the Dallas area about 1.5-2 hours west of Tyler, and as TC said one in Shreveport which is about the same distance just east of Tyler.

Nothing local though. icon_sad.gif Sorry.

jstump Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstump Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 6:33am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

I don't know of any in that area but there is one in Shreveport, Louisiana where I am. It's called Cake Creations. People from Tyler, Longview & the surrounding areas come to town to shop there. My friend owns it! So I highly recommend it!! Shreveport is an hour or so away from Tyler so it might be too far. Thought I'd still suggest it~

I'm in Shreveport too! icon_biggrin.gif Where is this store at, I would love to check it out!

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 8:41am
post #5 of 9

Thanx anyhow guys!

Heather

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 11:39am
post #6 of 9

jstump, it's on St. Vincent Ave. At the corner of Burt Kouns & St. Vincent Ave. It used to be Shaver's. It's close to Academy, Home Dept & I-49. It's right over the bridge after Ellerbe Rd exit to the right. Look for the big cake on top of the building. icon_smile.gif Phone number is 865-5088. Tell Jean that Tina sent you~ icon_smile.gif It's great to see another S'port caker on CC. PM me if you need any help~

jstump Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 10:50pm
post #7 of 9

THX tcturtleshell thumbs_up.gif I'll be going by there soon. I just got into cake decorating & since I work nights I have not been able to take any classes so I just practice on my own for now. All the help I can get it greatly appreciated. icon_biggrin.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 11:11pm
post #8 of 9

jstump... Cake Creations has decorating classes during the day. You should look into it. They are open from 9 to 5~

jstump Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 1:31am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

jstump... Cake Creations has decorating classes during the day. You should look into it. They are open from 9 to 5~

THX! I will check it out, I've been wanting to take classes so bad! I'll be going by there this weekend.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%