Little Mermaid

Decorating By shannonfl Updated 28 Feb 2007 , 12:54pm by shannonfl

shannonfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonfl Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 7

I really need some incredible ideas. I am making a cake for my daughters 5th birhtday icon_cry.gif (Tears are because my baby is getting so big.) Anywho I need one incredible cake it is a Little Mermaid/Pirate party. It should most definetly be little mermaid I have been told. I want her to just go nuts when it is finished she watches me make cakes for everyone else and absolutley loves it and always ask if I am going to make one that pretty for her birthday. I don't want the wonder mold mermaid while they are cute and there are some incredible ones on the site I want something totally different although I think I want to try the doll in the cake with the fondant fin. I was thinking big even though we are only inviting like 15 kids, so we will probably only expect like 8 I still want huge and beautiful. I was thinking access layers can be made out of rice krispie treats or maybe purchase some favor boxes to send it home with everyone. But big bold beautiful little mermaid extravaganza of a cake, that's not much to ask is it? icon_rolleyes.gif I would appreciate any ideas. Thank you icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
georgies_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
georgies_girl Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 7

I did this one last weekend..
LL

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 7

My daughter just turned 5 last month too and I'm with you, she also wanted a little mermaid party and I got so many ideas from the galleries, this is the cake I made fro her she loved it!! I made an Ariel chocolate transfer for the top but I made it to thin and broke and didn't have time to make another one, all I could find on the store was the baby ariel. I hope it helps for inspiration.
Edited to add link to close up picture.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=ShabbyChic_Confections&cat=0&pos=0
LL

meihana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meihana Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 8:47pm
post #4 of 7

How about one cake with ariel up on the rock and a separate cake with a ship (for the pirate portion of the theme). Ariel can be looking at the ship like she looks at the shore in the movie.

Ariel:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=meihana&cat=0&pos=5

Pirate Ship:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=meihana&cat=0&pos=9

Good luck and Have fun! icon_smile.gif

sugarfancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarfancy Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 7

Here's a mermaid cake I did for a competition early this month. It's not the little mermaid but you could change the hair color and fin. Just an idea.
LL
LL

loveqm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loveqm Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 7:10am
post #6 of 7

sugarfancy that is one beauuuuutiful cake!!! I would love to get a cake like that ;P

shannonfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonfl Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 12:54pm
post #7 of 7

WOW! These are great cakes let me just say I am inspired, I don't think I found any of these when I searched. And your inspiration has lead me to this conclusion I am going to do a three tier topsy turvy cake with a layer of sand, then water, and then the top tier to resemble a rock with Ariel on top of it. Maybe a pirate ship on the water, shells and sand on the beach tier and her friends somewhere in between. I am sooooo excited, thank you all for sharing your beautiful artwork with me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%