1/2 Recipe No Fail Sugar Cookies???

Baking By bakersofcakes Updated 1 Jan 2006 , 3:17am by bakersofcakes

bakersofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakersofcakes Posted 29 Dec 2005 , 12:33am
post #1 of 6

Would it mess it them up to make just a 1/2 batch? How many, say 2 or 3 in. cookies, does one whole batch make?

Any help is much appreciated! icon_smile.gif
Thanks,
bakersofcakes

5 replies
smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 29 Dec 2005 , 1:05am
post #2 of 6

Nope, I make half a batch all the time. It will make about 4 dozen 3 in cookies. I have read others freeze or refrigerate the dough but I really haven't tried that. I did freeze some undecorated cookies with no problem.

1/2 recipe
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract or desired flavoring (I like almond myself)
1/2 tsp. salt

Have fun!!

bakersofcakes Posted 29 Dec 2005 , 9:52pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks much!!! icon_biggrin.gif
-bakersofcakes

bakersofcakes Posted 29 Dec 2005 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 6

How thick should the dough be rolled out?

Thanks,
bakersofcakes icon_smile.gif

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 30 Dec 2005 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 6

Your welcome, glad to help out when I can.

I usually roll mine about 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch. If your cookie cutters are detailed or you want to put them on sticks, you will need to make them about 1/2 inch thick. The No Fail Sugar Cookies recipe is an excellent one to use. It's the best I have found over the years. It really tastes great, soft to bite into but still firm and it doesn't spread so you don't lose the shape of the cookie you want.

If you are looking for an easy to decorate with and good tasting icing, I highly recommend the Royal Icing for Decorated Cookies by Antonia74.

Good Luck.

bakersofcakes Posted 1 Jan 2006 , 3:17am
post #6 of 6

Thanks, smileyface!

I ended up rolling mine 1/4 in. thick. I wish I had seen your post before I iced them. icon_smile.gif I looked everywhere & finally found a cookie icing recipe on Wilton's site--5 c. confectioner's sugar, 1/4 c. milk & 1/4 c. light corn syrup. Boy, did I have to thin that icing! It wouldn't even come out of the decorating bag!!! Well, anyway, it tastes okay. The No-Fail Sugar Cookies, however, I love! I really like the tip about rolling them between parchment paper--NO EXTRA FLOUR! I used 1/2 vanilla & 1/2 almond flavoring in my 1/2 batch. icon_rolleyes.gif I made them Thursday night & they still good now on Saturday night! Actually, I think they are better than they were the first night.

Well, thanks so much for all of your help.
-bakersofcakes icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%