Fondant Bunnies

Decorating By katie Updated 30 Mar 2005 , 4:54pm by m0use

katie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katie Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 5

Here are the bunny directions for Spring Birthday compliments of rachelj from the book:Two-Hour Party Cakes: 30 Cakes To Decorate in Two Hours or Less
By: Carol Deacon

For the bunny on the side of the cake:
I first made some grey fondant, then made a ball about 1 and 1/2 to 2 inches, then kind of flattened it. For the white belly, I just used one of the Wilton fondant cutters and attached with water.
For the feet, I took grey fondant and rolled it like a sausage, about a 1/2 inch thick, then cut it in 2, and semi flattened them, and making the tops and sides rounded. I took white fondant and free-formed what the pads of the feet should look like, and attached with water. Also I took the end of the decorator paint brush and made 3 indentions on each foot.
Next, for the head, I took approxiamtely a 2 inch ball of grey fondant and rolled into a cone shape, then smooth the cone at the top. To form the ears I cut 1/3rd of the way done the cone. I used the decorator paint brush to form the indentions inside the ear.
For the teeth, it is a small square of white fondant with a cut to resemble a pair of teeth. The cheeks I used a round end of a tip. For the white of the eyes I used (I think tip 5??). For the pupil, I just rolled a little bal of black. For the nose, I did the same as the pupils.
To assemble, I place the belly on the side of the cake, sitting on the cake plate, then attached the feet with water. Next I attached the head (since I was transporting it, I also used a toothpick).
Then I made carrots, just orange fondant, shape like sausage, flatten out to the carrot shape. I made indentions on them to, with a knife. The green of the carrot, was a mixture of kelly green and leaf green in white fondant. Then made a sausage shape with it and molded it to resmble the top of the carrot, then I used the fondant cutter to resemble the lines. I attached the top to the orange carrot with water. To resemble the bite, I just used the end of a tip.
Then after the carrot was done, I just attached it, with water, and tilted it to the bunny. Then I made little arms.
The arms are just small sausage shaped grey fondant that was flattened and attached to the belly and curled to the front of the bunny to resemble them holding the carrot.

The little bunny on top was created the same way, but I cut a round circle of black fondant first, then placed the bunny head on top (I used a toothpick), then I added little feet.

4 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 5

Thanks
LL

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 5

LOL m0use! I'm going to be following you around just to look at your animated gifs!

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 4:48pm
post #4 of 5

I know she's all over the gifs. They're cute!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 5

Hehe, thanks...Lisa got me going though I think with all the cool new avatars that she's getting for everyone...but I think I am going to be careful posting them since I would not want to misuse them since they are not mine... so that said check out www.animationfactory.com- that is where I downloaded them from

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%