Cake Jewelry

Decorating By cake-angel Updated 3 May 2013 , 8:13am by atemanli

cake-angel Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 18

Can anyone give me tips on making this. I am considering using it for my brother's wedding cake in combination with gumpaste roses. I have only heard about it once before. Please help.

17 replies
projectqueen Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 4:32pm
post #2 of 18

What is cake jewelry? It sounds interesting but I've never seen it.

Anyway, here's a bump. Maybe someone else can help.

sassijen Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 18

Is this kinda what your looking for?

I don't know exactly what you mean by cake jewelry, but I hope this helps.

edited to add: Here is a tread I found here on CC. hth

bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 18

something like this perhaps? This jewelry is made out of gumpaste. I'm taking her class in April.

cake-angel Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 5:10pm
post #5 of 18

Like this. I was just wondering about it. I did manage to find som info on it finally. Thanks.

bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 5:13pm
post #6 of 18

Where did you find the info on it? I've been looking at that picture too.

hazelina82 Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 5:19pm
post #7 of 18

I was watching TV and found a website that has Swarovski crystals to stick into cakes.

The stuff is very pretty.

cake-angel Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 5:27pm
post #8 of 18

The info isn't on this specific design but here is the link to what I found.

Maybe we should ask sweet-as-tisse to do a tutorial on this. Her work is so beautiful!

Chiara Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 5:39pm
post #9 of 18

Wow Ladies,

I have been combing the site for several weeks trying to get inspirations for my MIL's 75th birthday.
She is a snob and extremely picky. The jewels (edible candy) that you linked on this site is fabulous. I have ordered 2 colours and will apply them in some sort of fashion.
Thank you thank you thank you. I am so close to getting my brain in line with a design.
One day when I am on the computer upstairs I will upload some of my photos. That one will be included when I get to it.
Thanks again.

sweet_as_tisse Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 9:28pm
post #10 of 18

Hi cake-angel

i just found this thread, i noticed my lilies and cake jewelry..

to make the jewelry like i do, is very easy and simple. i buy jewelry wire in two different gauges along with what ever glass beads i need ( like pink clear or pearls).. i just play around until i come up with something that i like,

i use the very thin wire to thread the beads onto then attach this to the thicker wire by twisting it around until it holds.

its just something that you need to experiment with until you work out what works best for you... well thats all i did anyway...

sorry if i haven't been much help but i am not real good at explaining

most of the things i come up with i just make up as i go

cake-angel Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 3:42am
post #11 of 18

Thanks kylie,

I was just wondering what guages of wire you prefer? I just really love your work.

sweet_as_tisse Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 4:34am
post #12 of 18
Originally Posted by cake-angel

Thanks kylie,

I was just wondering what guages of wire you prefer? I just really love your work.

I just had a look and wouldn't you know it! the god dam wire doesn't have the gauge size on it (it was on the packet but that went in the from memory the thicker wire is normally 18 to 20 gauge but it is called jewelry wire that is coiled... same for the thinner one and that gauge is normally 26 to 28 gauge....

i can confirm these for you if you want, just may be another day or so before i get a chance to get to the shops...

cake-angel Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 4:55am
post #13 of 18

Oh if you could confirm it when you get a chance that would be great!! I am making this for mid May so I do have some time yet. Thank you so much for your help!!

sweet_as_tisse Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 6:34am
post #14 of 18

I don't know if this will help, its a photo of the wire i use..

As soon as I get a chance to get to the shops i will let you know what size the gauges are....

if you have any other questions just let me know.

cake-angel Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 1:03am
post #15 of 18

Thank you!!! I have purchased some wire but I would still love to know the guages you use when you have time. No rush.

sweet_as_tisse Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 2:28am
post #16 of 18

Hey, Your Welcome!

i checked the wire i used at the shops today and the gauges i used were 28 for the thinner one and 20 for the thicker one..

cake-angel Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 2:33am
post #17 of 18

Oh awesome!! That was close to what I guessed. I think I have both of those (and a couple of other guages too). Now I just need to find the right beads for the wedding colors. I hope they go on sale soon. Some of the beads are very expensive!

atemanli Posted 3 May 2013 , 8:13am
post #18 of 18

I like DIY jewelry.

Quote by @%username% on %date%