Charge For Chocolate Dipped Oreos Help

Baking By notsoperfectcakes Updated 26 Oct 2011 , 1:54am by lynn780

fragglerock1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fragglerock1 Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 7:34pm
post #31 of 215

cystal, I got that one at choklitmoldsltd. com, you have to order four of each mold though, you might want to check with candylandcrafts.com.

fragglerock1 Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 7:38pm
post #32 of 215

here you go, I think B-49 would work well!

http://www.candylandcrafts.com/Catalog/babyb4.htm

lilkimberb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilkimberb Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 7:46pm
post #33 of 215

Thank you all for all the info. I just ordered some molds myself. I think they will be great treats for my nieces. As well as sisters, brother and inlaws!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah and myself!!! icon_biggrin.gif

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 7:48pm
post #34 of 215

These sound wonderful - now I HAVE to order molds and give it a try! The folks in my office will absolutely love these!

deb

notsoperfectcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notsoperfectcakes Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 7:54pm
post #35 of 215

WOW!!! Don't think I have ever had 3 pages of posts before!!!! I just ordered 2 molds can't wait until the arrrive!!! Thanks Again Everyone

newcakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newcakemaker Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 8:06pm
post #36 of 215

Fraggle,

Did you make the candies and then adhere them to the top of the oreos? That is what I thought at first, but I thought I was wrong! icon_smile.gif

Thank you so much for your help!
Crystal

denette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denette Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 8:10pm
post #37 of 215

Thanks for all the info! I am finding this all very helpful in getting me motivated to do more than just the plain jane stuff! Thanks!

fragglerock1 Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 8:53pm
post #38 of 215

Yes I made the candies and then adhered them to the oreo with a drop of melted chocolate.

newcakemaker Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 8:56pm
post #39 of 215

See, I knew I should have gone with instinct!

Thank you SOOOOO much for ALL of your help today!

Crystal

newcakemaker Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 8:57pm
post #40 of 215

Oh, one more question, do they make a plain oreo mold? One that just lets you cover it in choco?

fragglerock1 Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 9:00pm
post #41 of 215

Yes, you can get them at choklitmoldsltd.com (have to order at least 4 and there is a $50 min order) or sugarcraft.com

newcakemaker Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 9:01pm
post #42 of 215

You are the greatest!

Thanks again for everything!

fragglerock1 Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 9:03pm
post #43 of 215

No problem, glad to help!

LeeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeAnn Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 9:31pm
post #44 of 215

wow I love this idea/ but live in London!!!!!Tell me do candy what ever it is called Wiltons taste nice or not? My son LOVES CHOCOLATE...

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 11:08pm
post #45 of 215

I just ordered a bunch of molds from choklitmolds. Prices are great even though you have to order 4 of each mold. But lets face it - if you only get 1 its never enough and everything takes longer since you have to wait for the chocolate to set before you can use it again. Their prices on Lorann oils are great too! $2.95 for 4 drams of the same flavor. Best price I've come across so far. Thanks for this thread! I knew there had to be an easier way to cover oreos and now I have it.

MomLittr Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 11:41am
post #46 of 215

You all hooked me in.............just ordered 4 molds...........now let's see if I can sell these to my usual suspects! LOL!!!

deb

Sunflowerbagel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflowerbagel Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 12:33pm
post #47 of 215

This is great everyone is excited. At Christmas, I got a lot of orders for white chocolate snowflake ones (more than the Christmas tree). They turn out really pretty, so browse the snowflake molds... icon_smile.gif you won't regret it.

zoraya Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 1:13pm
post #48 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowerbagel

This is great everyone is excited. At Christmas, I got a lot of orders for white chocolate snowflake ones (more than the Christmas tree). They turn out really pretty, so browse the snowflake molds... icon_smile.gif you won't regret it.

All right, you got me. I added the snowflakes to my order. icon_biggrin.gif I'm such an easy sell!! icon_lol.gif

Phyllis52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phyllis52 Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 2:25pm
post #49 of 215

Can anyone think of any other cookie to use besides oreos?
Just wondering....................

fragglerock1 Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 2:34pm
post #50 of 215

Hmm, I would think that any type of sandwhich cookie would work. Do you just not like the chocolate in the oreos? I know they make a Golden Oreo that's not chocolate.

newcakemaker Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 2:46pm
post #51 of 215

I agree that any of the sandwich cookies would be good. I bet Lemon cremes would be really good too!

CarolinaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolinaBelle Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 2:56pm
post #52 of 215
cmmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmmom Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 2:57pm
post #53 of 215

Have you tried 2 Ritz crackers with peanut butter in between? YUMMY!

MomLittr Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 3:36pm
post #54 of 215

Carolina, these are cheaper than the ones I just bought.............well if the ones I get are a success, I know where to get more!

deb

Phyllis52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phyllis52 Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 5:07pm
post #55 of 215

Great suggestions........I'm just not a chocolate on chocolate person. I have to go and check the cookie aisle now! Thanks to all!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 6:11pm
post #56 of 215

LeeAnn,
I have use the Wilton Candy Melts all the time. I have use them in centerpieces I did for baby showers and birthday parties. Everyone who ate them love the taste and I have even had them call me just to make them some suckers.

I put my melts in a disposable cake docorating bag, micorave 25 seconds at a time till I get the candy melted ( becareful not to over heat or burn, some of the melts will look like they are not melted). I will take my bag out knead it with my fingers then put it back in for another 25 seconds till I get it melted like I want. Then I just cut the tip off a little at a time till I get the size I need.

Hope this helps you out LeeAnn.

Love2Create Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Love2Create Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 6:31pm
post #57 of 215

What does it mean when people just post a reply of "Save" ??

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 6:39pm
post #58 of 215

The people selling these molds must wonder what happened...I just bought some myself! They would've come in real handy when I made about 80 of them for my twin sons Eagle Scout ceremony.

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 6:46pm
post #59 of 215

Reply to Fragglerrock1,
I have drizzle the candy melts over sugar cookies before and everyone seem to like the taste. I wonder how a cookie waffer would turn out, could make all kinds of colors, add a rose bud in the middle done in BC or RI. If it is a thin waffer maybe add two together, dip it then place on a cooling rack. Well just a thought.

zoraya Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:27pm
post #60 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmmom

Have you tried 2 Ritz crackers with peanut butter in between? YUMMY!

I've done this before! And dipped in chocolate. So yummy and people can't believe its so simple. Didn't even think to use these in place of Oreos - thanks for the idea! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%