Name Game All Over Again!!

Business By JennT Updated 21 Dec 2005 , 4:39am by llee815

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 16

ok...I thought I'd decided on my biz name...SugarBelle's...even made up a graphic (thanks to the help of lots of you here at CC!!), few biz cards, etc. Very fitting since I'm in the deep South...so I thought. Now I'm wondering if I should change it again!!?? lol icon_eek.gif I've gotten mostly dead-pan reactions to the name from friends and family members when they hear it or see it. They say it'd be easy to forget. Soooo....I've been thinking again! lol Here's some options...all criticism (constructive or otherwise) is welcome...just be nice please!! lol Suggestions welcome too! icon_razz.gif

Flour Tower

Tower of Flour

The Flour Girl

Flour Power

(went with the word flour because I couldn't think of anything that rhymed with sugar and sounded good...lol icon_rolleyes.gif )

15 replies
blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 16

I actually really like SugarBelle....I think it is perfect for the South!!

Berta

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 7:59pm
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by blittle6

I actually really like SugarBelle....I think it is perfect for the South!!

Berta

I agree. Dont let anyone talk you out of something that you are proud of.

cakelady52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady52 Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 16

I like Sugar Belle I could see it up in lights.

JennT Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 16

Thanks everyone! I really love SugarBelle...guess I'm just a little nervous. Maybe I should just wait a little longer and see if the name starts to kick in and get me some more business....lol. I think I still want to have a back-up name, though. icon_razz.gif

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 8:22pm
post #6 of 16

I like SugarBelle. The other names sound like tongue twisters. My only criticism is that it does not sound like a bakery name. I would guess it was a little girl's clothing store.

JennT Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 8:30pm
post #7 of 16

That was along the lines of what I've heard from friends and family. Currently, the tag-line I have for SugarBelle's is: "The Sweetest THings in the South"...but that's still not very exacting. So maybe I should just have "A Cakery" under SugarBelle's? I don't know.....

gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 8:38pm
post #8 of 16

I like SugarBelle's! Don't let anyone talk you out of it! Maybe a "Cakes Baked with Southern Pride"? ...just a thought to play up the Southern Belle theme you were going with for your logo!

cakebybek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebybek Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 8:46pm
post #9 of 16

Stay with SugarBelle's that has a nice ring to it!!!

tye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tye Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 8:58pm
post #10 of 16

SugarBelle's is perfect.

blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 9:10pm
post #11 of 16

SugarBelle's Cakery, SugarBelle's Sweets, SugarBelle's anything but keep the Sugarbelle icon_smile.gif

Berta

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 11:02pm
post #12 of 16

i agree w/everyone else. stick w/SugarBelle's. I also like blittle6's idea of adding 'Cakery' I really like SugraBelle's Cakery.

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 11:04pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcakes

I like SugarBelle's! Don't let anyone talk you out of it! Maybe a "Cakes Baked with Southern Pride"? ...just a thought to play up the Southern Belle theme you were going with for your logo!

must have missed this....but I also like this. "SugarBelle's Cakery: Cakes Bakes with Southern Pride"

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 11:23pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcakes

I like how that sounds! I like SugarBelle's better than your new options.

JennT Posted 21 Dec 2005 , 12:39am
post #15 of 16

Thanks so much everyone for the encouragement!!! I'm sticking with SugarBelle for now....and I tried it out today at my son's school.

I posted to the cookie forum about my gingerbread cookies ("dough softening") - there you'll see a pic of the gingerbread boys & girls that I made and packaged up as Christmas presents for my son's classmates and faculty at school. I had a card that I folded over and attached to clear plastic bags that the cookies were in...on one side "Merry Christmas....From: (Son's name). And on the back I printed: Made for you by: SugarBelle's - The Sweetest Things in the South ...Call (My full name) at: (my phone#). I know...it's my original slogan - but after reading all of your encouraging words, I thought I'd try it out on a whole new group of people...which I didn't really know - so I figured I'd get super honest reactions. I quietly tucked one package inside each of the kids school bags, as is the norm for parents to do with gifts at their Christmas parties at school. Before I could even sit my empty basket down, I had 2 moms come over to me and ask me where I got the cookies, ohhhh - they're just great; these are so adorable, they smell so good; and my personal favorite... "Where's SugarBelle's??" !!!! icon_eek.gificon_razz.gificon_wink.gif I (oh so humbly, lol) said..."I'm SugarBelle." lol Their replies: "No! You made these?" "OOOHHH!!! Wow!" "So you do cookies and things? Do you make anything else? Cakes?" "Do you do birthday cakes too?" etc, etc.!!!!!!!!! Another mom was telling me how she just loved gingerbread and my cookies smelled just like her grandmother's did...she couldn't wait to eat it!! lol Before I got out of the school, a total of 9 mothers and 3 teachers were asking me ?'s & getting my name & #, etc....lol. While I walked on a cloud the rest of the day from that high...I'm also a teensy bit fearful of what just might be coming my way...lol. All those moms with all those kids and all of 'em have a birthday!!!!!! icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif Uh-oh...gotta get busy on what I charge for the basics now...so I'm prepared if this is the windfall I've been hoping for!!

Sorry so long... I just wanted to share it with ya'll. And I wanted to let you allllllll know..........EVERY ONE OF YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif Thanks for helping steer me back on course with my name & slogan...ya'll are gems! SugarBelle I Am & SugarBelle I'm gonna stay!! lol icon_wink.gif

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 21 Dec 2005 , 4:39am
post #16 of 16

Good for you! Sounds like you're going to be busy real soon!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%