Name Game All Over Again!!

Business By JennT Updated 21 Dec 2005 , 4:39am by llee815

JennT Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 16

ok...I thought I'd decided on my biz name...SugarBelle's...even made up a graphic (thanks to the help of lots of you here at CC!!), few biz cards, etc. Very fitting since I'm in the deep South...so I thought. Now I'm wondering if I should change it again!!?? lol icon_eek.gif
Flour Tower

Tower of Flour

The Flour Girl

Flour Power

(went with the word flour because I couldn't think of anything that rhymed with sugar and sounded good...lol icon_rolleyes.gif

15 replies
blittle6 Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 16

I actually really like SugarBelle....I think it is perfect for the South!!

Berta

alracntna Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 7:59pm
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by blittle6

I actually really like SugarBelle....I think it is perfect for the South!!

Berta

I agree. Dont let anyone talk you out of something that you are proud of.

cakelady52 Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 16

I like Sugar Belle I could see it up in lights.

JennT Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 16

Thanks everyone! I really love SugarBelle...guess I'm just a little nervous. Maybe I should just wait a little longer and see if the name starts to kick in and get me some more business....lol. I think I still want to have a back-up name, though. icon_razz.gif

bubblezmom Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 8:22pm
post #6 of 16

I like SugarBelle. The other names sound like tongue twisters. My only criticism is that it does not sound like a bakery name. I would guess it was a little girl's clothing store.

JennT Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 8:30pm
post #7 of 16

That was along the lines of what I've heard from friends and family. Currently, the tag-line I have for SugarBelle's is: "The Sweetest THings in the South"...but that's still not very exacting. So maybe I should just have "A Cakery" under SugarBelle's? I don't know.....

gmcakes Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 8:38pm
post #8 of 16

I like SugarBelle's! Don't let anyone talk you out of it! Maybe a "Cakes Baked with Southern Pride"? ...just a thought to play up the Southern Belle theme you were going with for your logo!

cakebybek Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 8:46pm
post #9 of 16

Stay with SugarBelle's that has a nice ring to it!!!

tye Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 8:58pm
post #10 of 16

SugarBelle's is perfect.

blittle6 Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 9:10pm
post #11 of 16

SugarBelle's Cakery, SugarBelle's Sweets, SugarBelle's anything but keep the Sugarbelle icon_smile.gif
Berta

sugartopped Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 11:02pm
post #12 of 16

i agree w/everyone else. stick w/SugarBelle's. I also like blittle6's idea of adding 'Cakery' I really like SugraBelle's Cakery.

sugartopped Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 11:04pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcakes

I like SugarBelle's! Don't let anyone talk you out of it! Maybe a "Cakes Baked with Southern Pride"? ...just a thought to play up the Southern Belle theme you were going with for your logo!

must have missed this....but I also like this. "SugarBelle's Cakery: Cakes Bakes with Southern Pride"

llee815 Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 11:23pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcakes

I like how that sounds! I like SugarBelle's better than your new options.

JennT Posted 21 Dec 2005 , 12:39am
post #15 of 16

Thanks so much everyone for the encouragement!!! I'm sticking with SugarBelle for now....and I tried it out today at my son's school.

I posted to the cookie forum about my gingerbread cookies ("dough softening") - there you'll see a pic of the gingerbread boys & girls that I made and packaged up as Christmas presents for my son's classmates and faculty at school. I had a card that I folded over and attached to clear plastic bags that the cookies were in...on one side "Merry Christmas....From: (Son's name). And on the back I printed: Made for you by: SugarBelle's - The Sweetest Things in the South ...Call (My full name) at: (my phone#). I know...it's my original slogan - but after reading all of your encouraging words, I thought I'd try it out on a whole new group of people...which I didn't really know - so I figured I'd get super honest reactions. I quietly tucked one package inside each of the kids school bags, as is the norm for parents to do with gifts at their Christmas parties at school. Before I could even sit my empty basket down, I had 2 moms come over to me and ask me where I got the cookies, ohhhh - they're just great; these are so adorable, they smell so good; and my personal favorite... "Where's SugarBelle's??" !!!! icon_eek.gif
Sorry so long... I just wanted to share it with ya'll. And I wanted to let you allllllll know..........EVERY ONE OF YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

llee815 Posted 21 Dec 2005 , 4:39am
post #16 of 16

Good for you! Sounds like you're going to be busy real soon!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%