Plastic Cake Carrier Envy

Business By Doug Updated 21 Dec 2005 , 4:21am by traci

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 14

was in local Lowes and they had the neatest black/clear plastic cake carrier...it holds a 6" (i think, could b 8") single or double layer cake in middle and surrounds it w/ 12 cupcakes.

Now where or where can I and other home business bakers get these and other products like the ones you see Lowes, WM, etc. using to hold their cakes?

13 replies
Cakeman66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeman66 Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 7:18pm
post #2 of 14

make them ourselves?

thats how I got my turntable, by making it myself. Of course you'd have to have a toolshop...

jekizer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jekizer Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 14

Was Lowe's selling these? If they are I need to go get one.

Doug Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 14

we have two lowes in town....one is the lumber/home store we all know.
the other is a regional higher-end grocery store which is where I saw the carrier (and gaged on the price they were charging for the cake/cupcake set.)

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 14

I know the carriers you are talking about, I think. They are disposable ones that come with the cake and cupcakes inside, right? I asked my local ShopRite (grocery store) if they sell the cupcake containers and was told they didn't. The only other place I know of is a cake supply store and one plastic 6-cupcake carrier was something ridiculous like $2. Not worth it. I wish I knew, just wanted to commiserate with you.

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 9:20pm
post #6 of 14

I think decopac makes and sells containers like these. They sell the little cake topper characters etc. Probably have to be able to buy wholesale to get them though.

nalyjuan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nalyjuan Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 9:28pm
post #7 of 14

Doug check out this site.....

http://www.brenmarco.com/supermarket/SUPERMARKET%20LARGE%20PAGES/cupcaketray.htm

I am not sure if that is what your looking for but it sounds like it. You get 25 carriers for $63.15

Hope that helps.

okieinalaska Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 9:43pm
post #8 of 14

Here is the site for the containers I mentioned, scroll down to see them.

http://www.decopac.com/catalog/dsp_results.cfm?first=7&s_searchthis=&cat_id=&t_id=93&r=6

Doug Posted 19 Dec 2005 , 10:18pm
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalyjuan

Doug check out this site.....

http://www.brenmarco.com/supermarket/SUPERMARKET%20LARGE%20PAGES/cupcaketray.htm

I am not sure if that is what your looking for but it sounds like it. You get 25 carriers for $63.15

Hope that helps.

yep that's the one I saw. but get a load of the price!!!! over $2 in a single case lot!

Thanks for the site....will add to favorites and someday......maybe......place an order

oh and thank you too "okieinalaska" for the your site as well. (tho' I have to ask -- wasn't cold enough in OK and you had to mover north to freeze. -- this from the guy who is going to have to move to the equator he thinks to ever get warm enough!)

okieinalaska Posted 20 Dec 2005 , 4:06am
post #10 of 14

You can thank my husband for that, LOL. If I had my choice I would still be in OK. (all my family is there)

Love Alaska though! Just miss my family. Actually where we are in SE Alaska it doesn't get that cold. Next year we are probably moving to Sault Sainte Marie, MI. Very cold there and lots more snow than here icon_eek.gif

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 20 Dec 2005 , 4:37am
post #11 of 14

I know walmart sells the sheet cake ones... $1 for the box and the board... they may sell the round ones too...

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 20 Dec 2005 , 11:52am
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by okieinalaska

You can thank my husband for that, LOL. If I had my choice I would still be in OK. (all my family is there)

Love Alaska though! Just miss my family. Actually where we are in SE Alaska it doesn't get that cold. Next year we are probably moving to Sault Sainte Marie, MI. Very cold there and lots more snow than here icon_eek.gif

But SSM is SO beautiful!! My dh would be SO envious! First you are living in Alaska--his dream! Then you are moving to SSM, his college town. I'm in the lower part of MI and we have a ton of snow right now.

Lisa

okieinalaska Posted 20 Dec 2005 , 11:15pm
post #13 of 14

Alicia that is a great deal on the box and board for only $1. Wish we had a walmart here!! (along with a lot of other stuff)

llj68
Yes SSM is very beautiful and they have hockey there! And I love the rootbeer falls (don't try to get me to spell taquamenon, LOL). And the lighthouse out at Whitefish bay. (I have spent some time there)

We used to live in Traverse City and are excited about living in MI again.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 21 Dec 2005 , 4:21am
post #14 of 14

I have only seen these containers at one grocery store bakery...and of course they would not sell me one. I really do not get enough orders for something like this to get the order with 25. I think I would be more likely to buy the regular cupcake holders in bulk. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%