Photo Cake/edible Image Printer System

Decorating By boysmomintx Updated 3 Apr 2015 , 9:08pm by theresagallegos

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 9:29pm
post #31 of 52

..did your system come the a cleaning solution? I had to put the solution down in the actual print head to clear a clog! I have a different printer (i960) so I don't know if that would work for you or not!

bigcatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigcatz Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 10:19pm
post #32 of 52

The system came with the print head cleaning kit, and I have used it quite a few times. My images have come out green ever since I got it. I have only got 2 good images, and 1 of those I had to print in black and white. I would like to get the cleaning cartridges but they are so expensive, I have to wait. This just can't be normal. I am so bummed right now.

suzyqqq27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzyqqq27 Posted 7 Apr 2005 , 10:51pm
post #33 of 52

Lisa,

Your cakes really are great. I had never looked at your site before.

Very nice,
Suzanne M.

AngelaP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaP Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 12:07am
post #34 of 52

Lisa,

Can I get a copy of your book directly from you instead of going through EBay? Thanks!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 1:38am
post #35 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcatz

Lisa,
Your cakes are amazing! I recently bought the canon I560 and I am having so much trouble with the inks. Everything prints out green. I have cleaned and deep cleaned the print head. I even bought a new one and that didn't help. Any suggestions? I waited so long to get this and now I'm having so many problems. Has this happened to anyone else? I even emailed Kopykake about it but all they told me was sometimes you have to deep clean quite a few time. Which I have already done. I am at a loss. Also how could I get a copy of your book? I would love to have a copy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks Jen

Thanks! I'm going to send you a copy. It has solutions to serious clogs that goes beyond cleaning cartridges. I find it strange though that the problem wasn't fixed when you bought a new print head. Had your inks been left in the print head or exposed to air for some time? What I think has happened is that your magenta (red) ink has crusted at the opening. If you were to insert these same cartridges into a new print head...it still would not have worked and probably clogged the new one.

Another possibility is that your printer settings may be off. When you get a chance, reset them to default and try printing a test image on regular paper (so you don't waste a frosting sheet).

Lisa Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 1:39am
post #36 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyqqq27

Lisa,

Your cakes really are great. I had never looked at your site before.

Very nice,
Suzanne M.

Thanks icon_smile.gif !

Lisa Posted 8 Apr 2005 , 1:40am
post #37 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaP

Lisa,

Can I get a copy of your book directly from you instead of going through EBay? Thanks!

Yes...I'll PM you a copy.

montanakate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
montanakate Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 7:49pm
post #38 of 52

Lisa could I get a copy of the book as well? Thanks, kate

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 7:56pm
post #39 of 52

Lisa I would love a copy also. As long as I am on the subject, is there a site that anyone prefers buying thier edible printing supplies from. I am going to be purchasing a cannon ip3000.

thanks

Lisa Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 8:22pm
post #40 of 52

Kate and Becky...I sent you both a copy. I buy my supplies from www.kopykake.com The book will give you more info on that.

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 11 Apr 2005 , 8:24pm
post #41 of 52

Thanks bunches..

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 4:54am
post #42 of 52

Lisa... i was just on ebay today and saw your book... congrats! It looks great... if you're still sending out freebies i'd love to see it! [email protected]
If not I'll ahve to look it up again on ebay another time.

peacockplace Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 4:56am
post #43 of 52

ok... on tastyfotoart.com they say you don't need cleaning cartridges with their inks ...... is this true???

Lisa Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 1:45pm
post #44 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockplace

ok... on tastyfotoart.com they say you don't need cleaning cartridges with their inks ...... is this true???

No...not true. Their inks will clog a print head the same as any other edible inks will. They recommend running a print or cleaning cycle every week to keep the inks from clogging. If you're running a print or cleaning cycle with edible inks installed just to keep it from clogging, you're wasting ink. It's better to run the cleaning cycles with the cleaning cartridges installed. You only have to do this once (instead of every week) until the next time you plan to print an image.

Lisa Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 1:50pm
post #45 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockplace

Lisa... i was just on ebay today and saw your book... congrats! It looks great... if you're still sending out freebies i'd love to see it! [email protected]
If not I'll ahve to look it up again on ebay another time.

Thanks! I PM'd you a copy.

peacockplace Posted 23 Jun 2005 , 6:50pm
post #46 of 52

Lisa.... as usual you have the info I need! I can't wait to look at your book! Thanks so much thumbs_up.gif

Rheajoyner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rheajoyner Posted 25 Jul 2014 , 4:23pm
post #47 of 52

I would love to read your book.  I want to purchase a printer today so I am really looking for guidance.  I am soo new to the cake decorating world, but I am really working hard to learn as much as I can.  Thank you so much for your knowledge and information.  My email is [email protected] or [email protected]

loloharp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loloharp Posted 11 Nov 2014 , 2:45pm
post #48 of 52

Purchasing and edible printer is a big commitment and it's just a matter of time that it will brake on you when you most need it.  When that happens, you can go to a low cost printing service and fulfill your orders. Cake hollywod dot com. 

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 11 Mar 2015 , 10:25pm
post #49 of 52

Lisa, I know this is an old post and was wondering what model would be best to purchase in today's market?

Also, is your book still available or has it been updated? [email protected]

Thanks, Carol

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 14 Mar 2015 , 8:18pm
post #50 of 52

Hi there!

Our company specializes in edible printing for over 15 years.  First, if you are not going to print at least 3-4 times per month (with our ink) then it is not a worthwhile investment and better to have someone print for you.  If you think you are going to be close you can always print with your edible ink on regular paper in between prints.  That being said, you can always offer to print for other local decorators so you can not only increase your printing, but also your profit! 

As for the most recent Canon Model we recommend the Canon mg5620 if you do not need a wide format printer. In addition, what you should be just as concerned with is finding the best edible printing company to support your business.  You want a company that offers good customer service so that you have a nice knowledgable company to help you when you have questions.  Quality products is also important.  Look at their colors and make sure that they are known for fewer clogs.  There are several different companies out there and you will find all levels of service and quality. Icing Sheets are also important. 

A lot has changed over the years and what use to be true in the past may have been improved upon changing previous deficites. 

Inks have changed over the years, even cartridge types.  Icing Sheets have come a long way over the years as well.  The book that was written is over 10 years old and everything has changed!  I will be happy to answer any questions you may have and help you to make the best decisions for you.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 3 Apr 2015 , 8:15pm
post #51 of 52

You do need to make sure that you do choose the correct printers.  Icing Images prides ourselves on quality products and quality service.  We have been using the Canon printers for 15 years.  We have worked with other brands for very short periods of time because of problems associated with other models. The latest version allows you to pull the icing sheet from a bottom feeder rather which curls the icing sheet. The older Canons pulled the icing sheets from the back of the printer causing them to have to curl in the printer.  If you use quality icing sheets you will be able to use the printer successfully with out problem.  We have used this type of printer that pulls from the bottom tray SUCCESSFULLY for several years now and we have a lot of customers using them.  Quality does bring good results.  Quality ingredients in inks are just as important. Adding proper preservatives no matter whether you have a sponge/wick or not inside your cartridge does not matter as bacteria can grow anywhere.  It does not need a sponge to grow, but again, adding proper preservative prevents that sponge.  Not having a sponge inside your cartridge doesn't prevent it. Proper food safe preservatives also prevent color changes in inks. That is why they are in the ink to avoid problems with chemical reactions and color changes. If you really want to find out the superiority of products, ask for samples, and ask for recommendations from people on the forum.

Icing Images
[email protected]
www.icingimages.com
www.fa
cebook.com/icingimages

Recipient of the 2015 Sweet Life Hall of Fame Award

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/03/prweb12612582.htm

theresagallegos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresagallegos Posted 3 Apr 2015 , 9:08pm
post #52 of 52

I bought a Cannon CC7 from www.ink4cakes.com. We love it. They have packages that come with the printer, ink and paper for around $200.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%