Airbrush Help Please!!

Decorating By mom_of_4girls Updated 26 Feb 2007 , 12:23am by zatsdeb

mom_of_4girls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom_of_4girls Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 4

I just purchased a bakery crafts airbrush and a kopykake kroma jet compressor and the airbrush is spattering you don't even have to touch the trigger and the color spatters out in rows of dots.Does anyone know what might cause this.

3 replies
Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 4

1-- double check all the instructions and make sure everything was/is clean and in the proper place before you put it together. Sometimes that little piece behind the trigger messes me up. icon_rolleyes.gif

2-- is your needle perfectly straight? If it is bent just a little, it will allow color to seep past it at all times.

3- stretch the spring just a little bit. The springs will compress after time, and sometimes, I give them a little tug to tighten it up.

After that, you got me. We have just learned to deal with it at work. thumbsdown.gif

theecakelady47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theecakelady47 Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 9:03pm
post #3 of 4

Open it up and make sure the little screw on the needle is tight, and always always keep it clean!

zatsdeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zatsdeb Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 12:23am
post #4 of 4

did your airbrush come all put together or did you have to assemble it yourself. i just opened the box to mine and put it together and started spraying, it worked great. you should call bakerycrafts and they will walk you through it step by step, maybe a faulty needle or gun not put together right.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%