so excited!

Decorating By melissablack Updated 30 Mar 2005 , 2:54am by tcturtleshell

melissablack Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 49

I finished all 3 Wilton classes last winter, and I just got an e-mail from my instructor that they are FINALLY going to offer a gum paste class!! I am SO excited. I've been in a slump for awhile and am just dying to learn something new.

No one else around here seems to share my excitement, so I just had to share with you all.... lol!!

Melissa icon_biggrin.gif

48 replies
Lisa Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 49

That's awesome thumbs_up.gif

thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 49

That's great! I've been trying to find a local class in gumpaste but I don't think the cake stores want the competition. They want you to buy their's!
Good luck with it!

Debbie

tcturtleshell Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 3:18pm
post #4 of 49

Great news Melissa!! thumbs_up.gif
I know how you feel when no one around you gets excited over the cake thing! I feel they should jump up w/ excitement when I show them a new cake or tell them something I've just learned. Oh, well I guess that's why I call it my hobby!! They have theres & I have mine!! icon_smile.gif

m0use Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 3:29pm
post #5 of 49

Enjoy your class for me melissa, I don't have time to take any classes right now. icon_cry.gif

MrsMissey Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 3:31pm
post #6 of 49

Isn't it funny how we get so excited over something like this! I am the same way! I am taking a weekend class from Toba Garrett the end of next month..gumpaste flowers too! I can hardly wait! Good luck to you!

m0use Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 3:32pm
post #7 of 49

Oh cool icon_biggrin.gif

thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 3:34pm
post #8 of 49

That's great MrsMissey! One day..... icon_rolleyes.gif

momsandraven Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 3:39pm
post #9 of 49

Ooooh! How fun! I'd be excited if I were you too! What a great skill to learn. icon_smile.gif

Lisa Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 3:40pm
post #10 of 49

Toba Garrett! Wow! Let us know how it goes.

Mchelle Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 3:58pm
post #11 of 49

icon_surprised.gif

MrsMissey Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 3:58pm
post #12 of 49

..see what I mean...see how excited you all get! I love it! Thanks! I will gladly share anything I learn with all of you! icon_biggrin.gif

thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:01pm
post #13 of 49

We need to have a DOS on the East coast some time!

MrsMissey Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:02pm
post #14 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchelle

icon_surprised.gif

For this class..there was a notice in the ICES newsletter. The price for the two day class is $250 icon_eek.gif

MrsMissey Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:06pm
post #15 of 49

Debbie..I agree! I'm ready when you are LOL!!

thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:07pm
post #16 of 49

It will be worth it! Wish I were going. It's not the tuition so much as the time off from work and the travel and lodging! Maybe next year for the Ladycakes DOS I will have to come up with something to teach so I can catch a break! Cowboy Hat maybe?

Deb icon_rolleyes.gif

thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:17pm
post #17 of 49

Sounds great! How do we go about getting some people together?

Debbie party.gif

melissablack Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:23pm
post #18 of 49

I don't think my class will be very expensive... I sure hope not anyway. It is just through my local Wilton instructor and/or her mother. I don't know if it's an 'official' class or just something they are putting together.

One day, if I am getting a lot of business and can justify it... I would like to go somewhere and take a few classes from somebody really professional!

Melissa icon_smile.gif

MrsMissey Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:23pm
post #19 of 49

..I don't know. Maybe Ladycakes or cali4dawn could give us some info. I think they had an informal DOS recently.

sgirvan Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:26pm
post #20 of 49

I am excited for you thumbs_up.gif
Have fun and post your creations here please

thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:35pm
post #21 of 49

OK Ladycakes or cali4dawn ~ how do we go about getting some people together for a DOS?

Debbie

Hey! I just realized I'm a Forum Addict! Not that I didn't know that I was addicted but now it's in print! thumbs_up.gif

Mchelle Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:41pm
post #22 of 49

I would love a DOS on the east coast!

thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:44pm
post #23 of 49

The numbers are growing! Let's definitely work on this one! How many more people are interested? Who has a suggestion for a place or the room to do it at their place? After we get some people together maybe we can get a central location and go from there?

Debbie

m0use Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:56pm
post #24 of 49

I would not mind doing one in the midwest at my house. I have enough room to have people in several different areas and I have a nice kitchen set up.
Of course I would have to run it by my husband first, but there are plenty of hotels to stay at in my area.

galaglow Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:56pm
post #25 of 49

Good luck in your class! I'm jealous. The only place around me that offers any sort of classes is a Micheals craft store a few hours away. I think they just do the first few Wilton classes - none of which I have taken because their samples on display look horrid!! They have a Wilton I cake on display that looks a hundred years old and covered with dust and a fondant ribbon cake that my 6 year old could have done a better job of! icon_sad.gif
Have fun and tell us all about it, so I know what to do with my Wilton Gumpaste Kit that I bought to teach myself!!

MrsMissey Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 5:18pm
post #26 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecakemaker

The numbers are growing! Let's definitely work on this one! How many more people are interested? Who has a suggestion for a place or the room to do it at their place? After we get some people together maybe we can get a central location and go from there?

Debbie

Really..let's get to work on this! I can provide the space! I can have Tom empty out the showroom floor and that would hold at least 100 people!

MrsMissey Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 5:22pm
post #27 of 49

...at this point we may want to start a new "thread" titled East Coast DOS or something and see what kind of response we get?!

Mchelle Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 5:22pm
post #28 of 49

Although I don't have the room, I would love to. Can I be of any help?

MrsMissey Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 5:29pm
post #29 of 49

Absolutely Mchelle! I don't know about thecakemaker but I've never done this before!

thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 6:06pm
post #30 of 49

I've never done anything like this but am very interested! Do you want to set up the "thread"? Let's see who's interested and start getting some ideas together.

Debbie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%