Help! Pricing Fillings

Business By VACakelady Updated 13 Dec 2005 , 2:17am by dodibug

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 12 Dec 2005 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 4

I have a wedding cake consultation next week and the customer is inquiring about certain fillings. I have not yet worked with fillings on a cake, but have gotten plenty of valuable information from this site (Thank you all!). I was wondering how some of you charge for fillings on a wedding cake? Do you add a per-serving charge or just a general charge to the entire order?

Also, I was considering trying to make my own fillings, but I have seen the sleeves of premade fillings in my local cake decorating supplier. Does anyone have a preference? Are the sleeves of filling good?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

3 replies
peachstate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peachstate Posted 13 Dec 2005 , 12:46am
post #2 of 4

Yes the sleeves of filling are good. I get them at my local cake supplier. I like the raspberry and lemon.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 13 Dec 2005 , 12:56am
post #3 of 4

The sleeve filling are delicious! I'e used the lemon, raspberry, strawberry and Bavarian Creme..delish! I don't charge extra for the fillings in a wedding cake...but others may!

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 13 Dec 2005 , 2:17am
post #4 of 4

I like the bavarian creme and lemon but didn't care for the raspberry. For that I just use the preserves now! I think it all depends on the filling. Some people charge extra for what they call "premium fillings" like for instance I make a praline pecan filling that I would definitely charge extra for since it's homemade and takes awhile to make.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%