Making Roses

Decorating By flayvurdfun Updated 29 Mar 2005 , 3:37pm by tcturtleshell

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 8:15am
post #31 of 35

So, JS, all you do is place the tip on the nail and turn it to build the base? I think your roses look perfect! I wish I had that kind of talent in me. I have to work so hard to get my roses down pat. I love how yours look soft enough to touch. Beautiful!!
~Tanya~

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 8:21am
post #32 of 35

Thanks tanyascakes ~oh, but you didn't see how my first ones turned out...ooh! When I used the base, the darn thing kept tipping over and I always ended up with "wilted" looking roses that were tipped over! Yep, just keep turning the nail, I would say 3 good turns and go from there. It does take some practice, and I use it for the Victorian ones also.

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 8:28am
post #33 of 35

Thanks for the advice, JS. And I know all about the "Wilton wilt". I will try to do it your way and see if that helps me out. I love roses and would definitely like to do them more often.
~Tanya

angelkiss013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelkiss013 Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 2:01pm
post #34 of 35

Ilithiya ,

Is it possible for me too , to have the insctructions ? Since my cake decoratin class only start in october , I would like to practice before...in case someone wants roses on there cake.

Thank you

Annie
[email protected]

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 3:37pm
post #35 of 35

jscakes~

I love making poinsettas too!! I got them down pretty quick! What I still can't get right are the petunas! My favorite flower & I can't get it right! I got all the others down & just can't get the petunia! I'll figure it out the next time I make royal icing flowers. I also love making roses out of fondant. I get them so life like that everyone thinks they are real. That's why I would love to learn gumpaste! Everyone has a different looking rose & I think that is great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%