Shop Cakecentral!

Decorating By flayvurdfun Updated 29 Jun 2005 , 1:54pm by KayDay

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 8:18am
post #1 of 116

Its funny how I seem to have nothing else to do all day then to be on this site. My husband and older son shake their heads at me. I tell them to back off that the house isnt falling apart, its clean organized and well taken care of so I can do something more then clean! But I must admit I love to be on this site... I check the forum before going to bed, as soon as I wake up, and on most of the morning every morning. But in between I dust, vaccum do the dishwasher, all that and yes I even polish my Kirby vaccum, so hey if I have time to do all that and polish my vacuum then I can put my time to better use and read posts, and if something I think of can be added then post too... NOW I ask you am I addicted? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

115 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 8:41am
post #2 of 116

YES!!! icon_lol.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 116

Sort off, at least you are still doing your housework. If you weren't, then we'd all be concerned icon_wink.gif

ilithiya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilithiya Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 116

Polishing the Kirby? Baby, it sounds like you're trying to fight the forum addiction... icon_lol.gif

"Lead me not unto temptation; I can find it easily enough myself." icon_biggrin.gif

Illy

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 6:03pm
post #5 of 116

Join the club! I better get back to work!

Debbie

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 3:29am
post #6 of 116

Flav~

I can see you spend a lot of time on here....... you have A LOT of posts!!!!!!!! Nearly 400!!!! Woman are you sure you don't have a maid!!!!!!! LOL!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I have been a bad girl because I haven't been getting my chores done.... When I'm on here I don't even hear the dryer buzz. I don't even hear someone at the door!!! icon_rolleyes.gif Oh, well life isn't all about cleaning & being a maid is it!! We have to have some enjoyment time. If this is how we get it then I say YEAH BUDDY!!! At least we aren't online talking to men or out bar hopping!! icon_wink.gif

I admit.......... that I ~Tina~ am a cake central addict....... icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gificon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:10am
post #7 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

We have to have some enjoyment time. If this is how we get it then I say YEAH BUDDY!!! At least we aren't online talking to men or out bar hopping!! icon_wink.gif

I admit.......... that I ~Tina~ am a cake central addict....... icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gificon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

Tina and flayv...admitting you have an addiction is the first step to overcoming it which is why you should never admit it! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

CakeNewbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeNewbie Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:23am
post #8 of 116

Okay okay okay... wait, hang on... you polish your vacuum??? WOW! Would you come over to my house? icon_lol.gif I rarely polish my furniture! I'm such a lazy bones I come home from work, do a little tidying up and that's it for me. Don't know what I'll do when I have kids to take care of too some day. Hmm.... now there's an idea... if I have kids... I can make THEM polish the furniture.... LOL icon_biggrin.gif

PureShugga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PureShugga Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:30am
post #9 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeNewbie

Okay okay okay... wait, hang on... you polish your vacuum??? WOW! Would you come over to my house? icon_lol.gif I rarely polish my furniture! I'm such a lazy bones I come home from work, do a little tidying up and that's it for me. Don't know what I'll do when I have kids to take care of too some day. Hmm.... now there's an idea... if I have kids... I can make THEM polish the furniture.... LOL icon_biggrin.gif

HI, MY NAME IS PURESHUGGA, AND I HAVE ADDICTION TO CAKE, ANYTHING CAKE, I NEED HELP icon_lol.gif BUT OH BABY IT FEELS SO GOOD!!! thumbs_up.gif YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT PURE SHUGGA RUSH AFTER YOUR FIRST TASTE OF BUTTERCREAM, IT GETS UNDER YOUR SKIN AND YOU FEEL IT RUSHING TO YOUR HEAD. I GO TO BED DREAMING OF NOTHING BUT CAKES AND MORE CAKES AND I CAN QUIT WHEN I WANT TO, I JUST DON'T WANT TO. I NEEEEEEEED CAKE! I LOVEEEE CAKE!!!!!

I'm with you - make the kids learn some responsiblity by cleaning! I had to do it growing up and so shall my children some day - it's they cycle of life baby -

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:31am
post #10 of 116

Thank goodness its not just me .... LOL ...

thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 1:47pm
post #11 of 116

Believe me Ladycake ~ it's not just you! I have a full time job and look at how much I post from there (here actually). I also have more cake supplies, pans, etc than most bakeries much to my husbands dismay. I think he's about to ban me from buying any more books too! I could fill a library with my collection and there's a lot more I want! I used to tell him it would take me a long time before I beat him on hobby spending (hunting) but i'm quickly closing the gap ~ if I haven't already! It's definitely an addiction! At least with this addiction we can hopefully make enough on it to support our habbit! icon_biggrin.gif

Debbie

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 2:45pm
post #12 of 116

What is it they say, 'birds of a feather flock together!' DH banned me from buying any more pans until I have used every pan I have at least once. Well, I assured him that I am just a fledgling compared to others, but he didn't budge. icon_confused.gif So, better get baking!! LOL This site has become my escape while the kiddies watch Elmo, I love it, love it, love it!!icon_biggrin.gif

thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 2:49pm
post #13 of 116

My DH went out to load the truck this morning an I tried to jump on line real quick. He came in and I jumped off but he noticed that the computer was on. I got the "what were you doing on the computer?" I hadn't gotten my son up yet and I wasn't ready for work yet. What can i say!?

Debbie

tcturtleshell Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 2:58pm
post #14 of 116

Cakemaker~ And I thought I had a problem!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_eek.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 2:59pm
post #15 of 116

At least we have a good addiction... We make others happy by baking our goodies!! That's the reward for our talents!!!! thumbs_up.gifusaribbon.gificon_smile.gif

thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 3:00pm
post #16 of 116

I can't imagine anything better to be addicted to!

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 6:30pm
post #17 of 116

addicted here (raising hand) Are we in a room sitting on chairs introducing our addiction? Ok here I go. Hi I have been addicted since January 2005. I get up at 5:30..brush my teeth, my hair and wash my face. Get something to drink. straighten things up that my dear nephew left behind. Watch a little news and go to the comp. Now this is scary, I wonder if Jackie keeps her eye on this site and knows when we all sign on and sign off.. I want to jump on this site so bad sometime at 6am. But then I stop and think, "what would Jackie think?" icon_surprised.gif "This crazy woman is on at 6am??" "What she has no life, she has nothing better to do?".
So I wait until 6:30 am.. icon_biggrin.gif Then children start getting up at 7am. I try not to let them see me at 7am online chatting away, they too just shake their heads at me. Soooooooo anyhow I must admit I love this addiction. (sigh) No therapy will cure me!!! icon_razz.gif

thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 6:33pm
post #18 of 116

This is my therapy!

Debbie

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 6:37pm
post #19 of 116

I agree, Hi, my name is Michelle and I'm an addict! Never want it to change. You guys teach me so much, more that I learned in the class room. I am truly appreciative.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 6:43pm
post #20 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchelle

You guys teach me so much, more that I learned in the class room. I am truly appreciative.

thumbs_up.gif I could not agree more!!! Although I never took classes, but who needs classes when we have all of you icon_biggrin.gif

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 6:57pm
post #21 of 116

Oh man, did this come in handy today! I wasn't supposed to be on here...YET...so I was this and had to respond
I'M ADDICTED! There, now I feel better before closing and going to see a friend in the hospital. I'll be back!
You all are great! (polish the vacum? Nope)

greencargirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greencargirl Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 9:58pm
post #22 of 116

i just found this website a few days ago and already am addicted... and i have yet to make my first cake. i feel like i know it all though thanks to all these posts (i'm sure i don't) we'll see how this cake goes i guess. and as for being on here too early? i check the message board before work every morning which is about 5:30 a.m. for me and then when i get home at 3:00 p.m. and once again before bed... i have a notebook right here full of notes (i feel like i'm back in school again)... but it is such a great help to hear from all of these people on how to do things... thank you!!!

tcturtleshell Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 2:45am
post #23 of 116

Briansbaker~~~
I LOVE YOU NEW AVATAR!!! I wanted a red kitchen aid to match the apples in my kitchen but I couldn't afford it at the time. I have a white one... how boring!! The avatar is cool!!

If I got on here at 6am I might be able to get other stuff done!!! BUT then again... I might just stay on all day!!!!! I guess I better get my chores & other things done before I log on!!!!!!

Lisa Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 3:01am
post #24 of 116

I have a black one that most of the time looks white from the powdered sugar dust. Count your blessings Tina--white may seem boring but it never looks like a powdered donut!

jscakes Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 3:05am
post #25 of 116

You are so right Lisa, but unfortunately the black coffee maker sitting too close to the mixer looks like a powdered donut at times!

Lisa Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 3:14am
post #26 of 116

Yes...and black fridge, black stove, black counters, black microwave... baking in my kitchen is like being in a snowglobe! I thought it would be cool to have black appliances in the kitchen. Not cool! I thought black would hide a lot. It does not. It shows everything from a grain a salt to fingerprints. My next kitchen--all stainless steel icon_biggrin.gif .

jscakes Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 3:21am
post #27 of 116

I used to clean houses for people, and the one I dreaded was the one with all black in her kitchen-counter tops, mini blinds...those were the worst of all...black front fridge, stove, dishwasher, trash compactor...even the darn sink was black! Every speck of dust, fingerprint, and if you looked at them wrong, your image was smudged on and showed!!! Then I was soooo happy to go the the "White House"...all white everything with oak!

Lisa Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 3:56am
post #28 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscakes

Every speck of dust, fingerprint, and if you looked at them wrong, your image was smudged on and showed!!! Then I was soooo happy to go the the "White House"...all white everything with oak!

LOL! I wish I'd had your insight 2 years back...

diane Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 12:13pm
post #29 of 116

i just have to say that i'm not addicted to this site.

diane Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 12:14pm
post #30 of 116

NOT!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%