flayvurdfun Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 8:18am

Its funny how I seem to have nothing else to do all day then to be on this site. My husband and older son shake their heads at me. I tell them to back off that the house isnt falling apart, its clean organized and well taken care of so I can do something more then clean! But I must admit I love to be on this site... I check the forum before going to bed, as soon as I wake up, and on most of the morning every morning. But in between I dust, vaccum do the dishwasher, all that and yes I even polish my Kirby vaccum, so hey if I have time to do all that and polish my vacuum then I can put my time to better use and read posts, and if something I think of can be added then post too... NOW I ask you am I addicted? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

115 replies
diane Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 8:41am

YES!!! icon_lol.gif

m0use Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 2:10pm

Sort off, at least you are still doing your housework. If you weren't, then we'd all be concerned icon_wink.gif

ilithiya Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 5:57pm

Polishing the Kirby? Baby, it sounds like you're trying to fight the forum addiction... icon_lol.gif

"Lead me not unto temptation; I can find it easily enough myself." icon_biggrin.gif

Illy

thecakemaker Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 6:03pm

Join the club! I better get back to work!

Debbie

tcturtleshell Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 3:29am

Flav~

I can see you spend a lot of time on here....... you have A LOT of posts!!!!!!!! Nearly 400!!!! Woman are you sure you don't have a maid!!!!!!! LOL!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I have been a bad girl because I haven't been getting my chores done.... When I'm on here I don't even hear the dryer buzz. I don't even hear someone at the door!!! icon_rolleyes.gif Oh, well life isn't all about cleaning & being a maid is it!! We have to have some enjoyment time. If this is how we get it then I say YEAH BUDDY!!! At least we aren't online talking to men or out bar hopping!! icon_wink.gif

I admit.......... that I ~Tina~ am a cake central addict....... icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gificon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

Lisa Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:10am
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

We have to have some enjoyment time. If this is how we get it then I say YEAH BUDDY!!! At least we aren't online talking to men or out bar hopping!! icon_wink.gif

I admit.......... that I ~Tina~ am a cake central addict....... icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gificon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

Tina and flayv...admitting you have an addiction is the first step to overcoming it which is why you should never admit it! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

CakeNewbie Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:23am

Okay okay okay... wait, hang on... you polish your vacuum??? WOW! Would you come over to my house? icon_lol.gif I rarely polish my furniture! I'm such a lazy bones I come home from work, do a little tidying up and that's it for me. Don't know what I'll do when I have kids to take care of too some day. Hmm.... now there's an idea... if I have kids... I can make THEM polish the furniture.... LOL icon_biggrin.gif

PureShugga Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:30am
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeNewbie

Okay okay okay... wait, hang on... you polish your vacuum??? WOW! Would you come over to my house? icon_lol.gif I rarely polish my furniture! I'm such a lazy bones I come home from work, do a little tidying up and that's it for me. Don't know what I'll do when I have kids to take care of too some day. Hmm.... now there's an idea... if I have kids... I can make THEM polish the furniture.... LOL icon_biggrin.gif

HI, MY NAME IS PURESHUGGA, AND I HAVE ADDICTION TO CAKE, ANYTHING CAKE, I NEED HELP icon_lol.gif BUT OH BABY IT FEELS SO GOOD!!! thumbs_up.gif YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT PURE SHUGGA RUSH AFTER YOUR FIRST TASTE OF BUTTERCREAM, IT GETS UNDER YOUR SKIN AND YOU FEEL IT RUSHING TO YOUR HEAD. I GO TO BED DREAMING OF NOTHING BUT CAKES AND MORE CAKES AND I CAN QUIT WHEN I WANT TO, I JUST DON'T WANT TO. I NEEEEEEEED CAKE! I LOVEEEE CAKE!!!!!

I'm with you - make the kids learn some responsiblity by cleaning! I had to do it growing up and so shall my children some day - it's they cycle of life baby -

Ladycake Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 4:31am

Thank goodness its not just me .... LOL ...

thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 1:47pm

Believe me Ladycake ~ it's not just you! I have a full time job and look at how much I post from there (here actually). I also have more cake supplies, pans, etc than most bakeries much to my husbands dismay. I think he's about to ban me from buying any more books too! I could fill a library with my collection and there's a lot more I want! I used to tell him it would take me a long time before I beat him on hobby spending (hunting) but i'm quickly closing the gap ~ if I haven't already! It's definitely an addiction! At least with this addiction we can hopefully make enough on it to support our habbit! icon_biggrin.gif

Debbie

momsandraven Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 2:45pm

What is it they say, 'birds of a feather flock together!' DH banned me from buying any more pans until I have used every pan I have at least once. Well, I assured him that I am just a fledgling compared to others, but he didn't budge. icon_confused.gif So, better get baking!! LOL This site has become my escape while the kiddies watch Elmo, I love it, love it, love it!!icon_biggrin.gif

thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 2:49pm

My DH went out to load the truck this morning an I tried to jump on line real quick. He came in and I jumped off but he noticed that the computer was on. I got the "what were you doing on the computer?" I hadn't gotten my son up yet and I wasn't ready for work yet. What can i say!?

Debbie

tcturtleshell Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 2:58pm

Cakemaker~ And I thought I had a problem!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_eek.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 2:59pm

At least we have a good addiction... We make others happy by baking our goodies!! That's the reward for our talents!!!! thumbs_up.gifusaribbon.gificon_smile.gif

thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 3:00pm

I can't imagine anything better to be addicted to!

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

briansbaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 6:30pm

addicted here (raising hand) Are we in a room sitting on chairs introducing our addiction? Ok here I go. Hi I have been addicted since January 2005. I get up at 5:30..brush my teeth, my hair and wash my face. Get something to drink. straighten things up that my dear nephew left behind. Watch a little news and go to the comp. Now this is scary, I wonder if Jackie keeps her eye on this site and knows when we all sign on and sign off.. I want to jump on this site so bad sometime at 6am. But then I stop and think, "what would Jackie think?" icon_surprised.gif "This crazy woman is on at 6am??" "What she has no life, she has nothing better to do?".
So I wait until 6:30 am.. icon_biggrin.gif Then children start getting up at 7am. I try not to let them see me at 7am online chatting away, they too just shake their heads at me. Soooooooo anyhow I must admit I love this addiction. (sigh) No therapy will cure me!!! icon_razz.gif

thecakemaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 6:33pm

This is my therapy!

Debbie

Mchelle Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 6:37pm

I agree, Hi, my name is Michelle and I'm an addict! Never want it to change. You guys teach me so much, more that I learned in the class room. I am truly appreciative.

briansbaker Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 6:43pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchelle

You guys teach me so much, more that I learned in the class room. I am truly appreciative.

thumbs_up.gif I could not agree more!!! Although I never took classes, but who needs classes when we have all of you icon_biggrin.gif

jscakes Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 6:57pm

Oh man, did this come in handy today! I wasn't supposed to be on here...YET...so I was this and had to respond
I'M ADDICTED! There, now I feel better before closing and going to see a friend in the hospital. I'll be back!
You all are great! (polish the vacum? Nope)

greencargirl Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 9:58pm

i just found this website a few days ago and already am addicted... and i have yet to make my first cake. i feel like i know it all though thanks to all these posts (i'm sure i don't) we'll see how this cake goes i guess. and as for being on here too early? i check the message board before work every morning which is about 5:30 a.m. for me and then when i get home at 3:00 p.m. and once again before bed... i have a notebook right here full of notes (i feel like i'm back in school again)... but it is such a great help to hear from all of these people on how to do things... thank you!!!

tcturtleshell Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 2:45am

Briansbaker~~~
I LOVE YOU NEW AVATAR!!! I wanted a red kitchen aid to match the apples in my kitchen but I couldn't afford it at the time. I have a white one... how boring!! The avatar is cool!!

If I got on here at 6am I might be able to get other stuff done!!! BUT then again... I might just stay on all day!!!!! I guess I better get my chores & other things done before I log on!!!!!!

Lisa Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 3:01am

I have a black one that most of the time looks white from the powdered sugar dust. Count your blessings Tina--white may seem boring but it never looks like a powdered donut!

jscakes Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 3:05am

You are so right Lisa, but unfortunately the black coffee maker sitting too close to the mixer looks like a powdered donut at times!

Lisa Posted 30 Mar 2005 , 3:14am

Yes...and black fridge, black stove, black counters, black microwave... baking in my kitchen is like being in a snowglobe! I thought it would be cool to have black appliances in the kitchen. Not cool! I thought black would hide a lot. It does not. It shows everything from a grain a salt to fingerprints. My next kitchen--all stainless steel icon_biggrin.gif .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%