Mystery Party Cake Idea Need Help!

Decorating By genean Updated 23 Feb 2007 , 8:55pm by LanaC

genean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
genean Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 6

Hi All

I am having a hard time coming up with this one. Its an 8yr old girls birthday and she is having a mystery party. Someone stole her grandmothers ring and they need to find clues around the house to find it - that's how the story goes. I am at a total loss for ideas. I guess I can do a note pad and pen with some clues written on it, maybe a magnifying glass but I don't know what else.

Any ideas or suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!!

5 replies
ailyn222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailyn222 Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 6

If they stole her ring maybe you can do a jelery box with a bunch of necklaces and thing on the side, but the box would be emtpy. Maybe a little gumpaste grama looking in the box.

Good luck thumbs_up.gif

Pucka1378 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pucka1378 Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 6

You could do a pillow cake with a ring on top.

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 12:02am
post #4 of 6

Would looking at the board game "Clue" help?

red0027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
red0027 Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 12:13am
post #5 of 6

What about a question mark cake and then put the magnifying glass and paper/pencil next to it as smaller cakes or fondant/gumpaste figures or even jewelry and an empty box like ailyn222 suggested.

In the actual game there is a manila envelope that says "Case File" and across the whole thing it says "CONFIDENTIAL" with a finger print under the IAL part and there is a case number on the top right corner. Just a thought. I don't know how elaborate you want to go.

You could also make a cake box and actually put the first clue inside on a fondant/gumpast paper.

Hope this helps!!! Good luck!

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 8:55pm
post #6 of 6

How about a magnifying class with a finger print similar to the CSI logo.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%