Freezing Cheesecake

Baking By ashmay Updated 9 Dec 2005 , 9:48pm by MrsMissey

ashmay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashmay Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all~ I am a lurker, have never posted, but I would love some help. How long have you frozen fresh cheese cakes for? I always make and give them fresh, but really would like to get a head of my Christmas "orders". Can I make them this weekend and freeze for a couple of weeks? Does it affect the texture at all.
Thank you kindly in advance!
Ashley

6 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 7

..no problem! I have frozen cheeecakes for a few months..just as fresh as can be! I put them in a cake carrier/container, once they are nice and cold and then in the freezer. My only word of caution is be careful when you thaw them because the condensation on the inside of the container may drip on your cheesecake...that is the only problem I ever had with freezing cheesecakes! It's no big deal is you are going to cover them with fruit or something..but I don't usually cover the tops with anything, just a whipped cream border! HTH!

MrsMissey Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 7

..forget to mention..thaw them in the fridge, not on the countertop!

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 7

I've frozen my cheesecakes for a couple of months also with no problem.

ashmay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashmay Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 8:57pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you ladies...I'm off to bake and freeze!!

sbccakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sbccakes Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 9:22pm
post #6 of 7

Ashmay or anyone,
I know your all busy with the holliday cooking but if you or anyone wouldn't mind to send me a good easy recipe for cheesecake.
I have tons of graham cracker pie shells that need to be used and I have a recipe for cheese cake that calls for 8 bricks of cream cheese and oven and turned out gross for the 4th of July.
[email protected] Thanks much!!!!
Lisa usaribbon.gif

MrsMissey Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 9:48pm
post #7 of 7

..sbccakes....yours sounds like one I would be interested in! icon_smile.gif I usually bake the big ones anyway!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%