I was getting ready to take my cake out of the oven when my 18 month old baby boy snuck up behind me. I didn't want him to burn himself so I tried to quickly push it back in the oven and close the door, but oooooops!!! It dumped all over my oven, began to cook and burn on the bottim of the oven, and I ripped my finger nail off in the process!!!!!
Argggghhhh! I had a busy day too. Better luck next time
Oh boy can I relate. My one year old makes a bee line for the oven every time I put on my pot holders. Bet he thinks it must be some fun toy since mom won't let him have it.
I can hear his thoughts...
She keeps taking away all the really cool toys...sissors, forks, the cockatiel.
What a big mean mommy!
Sorry to hear about your spill. Burnt cake-yucky!
hope the next one comes out better.
Burning cake is definitely yucky...I just baked a mini 3-D bear and the cake rose and got against the electric element in the oven and burned the top of the cake! I got it moved to where it wasn't touching the element so the whole thing wasn't ruined, but the smell (and smoke) lasted for a very long time! (Lesson learned from while back, I always put the bear pan on a cookie sheet for any over-runs.)
Sorry about your "episode" mommyedzards! Janice
It wasn't a cake, but I was making chocolate chip cookies for a new neighbor, and as I was taking the pan out, I didn't clear the oven, it bumped, and dumped the hot gooey cookies all over the place. Ahhhhh, its those times I want to throw the cookie sheets across the room....
Glad that no one burned their fingers!
Pooker...I've had days where I wanted to throw cakes across the room too! LOL!!
veejaytx, that exact thing happened to me ..it smelled TERRIBLE