Cocoa Cones

Decorating By blittle6 Updated 1 Dec 2010 , 9:09pm by erinalicia

blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 12:08am
post #1 of 80

They are some really cute hot chocolate "goodie bags" made from the clear disposable decorating bags. You layer 2 servings of hot cocoa powder, chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and sprinkle. They sell them on several sites on the internet and at a few stores. They are super easy to make and people love them. Here is a picture of one from the internet....I have an order for 50 next week.

Berta

Edited to add: I make them with cappucino powder as well.
LL

79 replies
blittle6 Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 12:09am
post #2 of 80

I was replying to another post and made this into a new post on accident....oops!

Berta

mork Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mork Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 12:13am
post #3 of 80

I figured that`s what happened. I`ve never see or heard of these but I`ve already and I do have everything in the cupboards so one will be made before I go to bed. Thank you

blittle6 Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 12:16am
post #4 of 80

I put the cocoa in one bag, cut down part of the top and staple it shut. Then I slide it into another bag until it is nice and snug. I drop in some chips, marshmallows and sprinkles. Twist the top and secure with a rubberband, Insert 2 candy canes into rubber bands and secure them with curling ribbon. I use 12 inch bags for 2 servings worth.

Berta

mork Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mork Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 12:20am
post #5 of 80

Berta does you little tag include instructions?

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 12:22am
post #6 of 80

Berta, you need to write a book. You have some of the best ideas EVER! The recipes on baking911, these cocoa cones...I could fill pages here. And I haven't been around this site that long! Seriously, you need to get writing and hook up with a literary agent--I know I'd buy a copy!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 12:47am
post #7 of 80

Gosh..they care really cute and different! What a great little gift idea!

blittle6 Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 1:48am
post #8 of 80

Thank you lotsoftots! That is such a compliment!!

I do include a little card that says the flavor and to add 6 oz of water or milk per cup.

I have seen these online and in a specialty shop so they weren't my idea I am just passing it on!! They are really a great liottle gift for teachers coworkers etc. I am selling them for $5 each...People like them because they always say for $5 you can't really get something that is not cheesy and this is so cute for such a low price! You guys should make some and show your customers to see if you get any takers....they cost me less than $1 to make!!!!!!

Berta

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 1:53am
post #9 of 80

That is really cute!!! I will have to keep those in mind. icon_rolleyes.gif

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 9 Dec 2005 , 2:55am
post #10 of 80

These are awesome...great idea!

RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 11 Dec 2005 , 6:07pm
post #11 of 80

I saw this post and made some last night, and showed them to my neighbors when they came to pick up the cake. They were so gitty about them! They'd like me to make 15 of them for a Christmas Party they're having for all the kids. They're paying $4.50 each thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

THANKS so much for the idea!! I'm sure these can go around all year in Alaska, cuz we'll always be cold and drinking hot chocolate!!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 11 Dec 2005 , 7:35pm
post #12 of 80

Thank you for the GREAT idea. I was wanting to make cocoa this year, however couldn't find any reasonably priced glass jars. This is a great alternative-i have seen them before and forgot all about them. And a bonus is, I always have decorating bags on hand! Another item to add to my baking list this year.

Thanks again
Leily

erinlynn22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinlynn22 Posted 11 Dec 2005 , 7:54pm
post #13 of 80

I'm planning on making a cocoa mix and Homemade marshmellows (from the Food nework 12 days of cookies (i think it was day 4). i'm going to also include a Christmas mug (i only have 6 cousins All under 14, and my mom had xmas mugs she doesn't use, so it will be a cheap but cute gift).

I do like the cocoa cones.

momlovestocook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momlovestocook Posted 12 Dec 2005 , 12:47am
post #14 of 80

Funny story. I was telling my SIL about the hot cocoa cones and quickly made one up for her to see. She thought is was a great idea and is heading out tomorrow to get the supplies to make them. This is during my dd's birthday party.
Dd opens one of her presents and what does she receive-a hot cocoa cone from my other brother. They are selling for 5 dollars each at the store she works at and people are buying them like crazy. The cone my dd received had mini chocolate chips in it which is a good idea since they will melt faster than the big ones.

Sandra

blittle6 Posted 12 Dec 2005 , 1:56am
post #15 of 80

They sell like hot cakes here too!! I am selling them for $5 as well!! Take advantage while the holiday are upon us!

Berta

momlovestocook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momlovestocook Posted 13 Dec 2005 , 10:43pm
post #16 of 80

I was in a little bulk food type store today that carries some wilton products in one of the little towns near me. I was telling the girl at the cash about the cocoa cones and she said someone must have had them at a local craft show because they have been selling way more disposable bags than usual. She also said she was going to give them to her kids teachers.
I found the blocks of merkins caramel there so bought some for the turtle pretzels-had to tell her about those too LOL.

Sandra

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 13 Dec 2005 , 10:49pm
post #17 of 80

They are great, here is the link to the lady who has six books on them, muffins, dips, breads, cocoa, etc for $3.95 plus she has a main book with all the cones (6 books for $17.95). She also has some great books for about $3.95. I am getting the cake mix cakes, I heard good things about that one and may get the seond one too.

http://www.cookbookcupboard.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 6:01pm
post #18 of 80

Great idea! I think I will make these as a little hostess gife to give out with my Christmas dinner.

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 11:22pm
post #19 of 80

I have never seen these before. How cute are these. I will make some up soon.

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 11:29pm
post #20 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by dl5crew

I have never seen these before. How cute are these. I will make some up soon.

These would make great fund raisers!!

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 23 Nov 2006 , 11:33pm
post #21 of 80

I agree risquebusiness. Kids could help make these up. thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 1:27am
post #22 of 80

According to many people, they sell very well at $4-5 a piece. They are selling for that at Bed, Bath and Beyond here and they can't keep them on the shelves!

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 1:32am
post #23 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

According to many people, they sell very well at $4-5 a piece. They are selling for that at Bed, Bath and Beyond here and they can't keep them on the shelves!

Funny....

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 7:48am
post #24 of 80

7yyrt wrote:
"According to many people, they sell very well at $4-5 a piece. They are selling for that at Bed, Bath and Beyond here and they can't keep them on the shelves!"

I saw that, too, and almost laughed myself senseless. We have been making them for the kiddies for a few years now, ever since the carrot bags came out (that's what we call them). They make great stocking stuffers, and ornaments for on the tree.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 7:18pm
post #25 of 80

Awesome!

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsAB Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 7:46pm
post #26 of 80

Great idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 7:57pm
post #27 of 80

Great idea!!!!

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 24 Nov 2006 , 7:59pm
post #28 of 80

This is a great idea! I think that I will make these for my kids' teachers at daycare and for some of my co-workers!

Thanks for sharing!! icon_biggrin.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 5:49pm
post #29 of 80

I've decided to make these to sell (you could keep selling these past Christmas I'm sure up where I live in WI).
I am charging $5 each, already have one order for 6 of them, with another possible order coming in.
Mine were about $1.68 to make after I figured out the cost of my supplies. Sam's Club was the cheapest place to get hot cocoa and chocolate chips. Had to go to Farm N Fleet to get the candy canes, forgot to check walmart for their candy cane prices though.

lilsomethinsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsomethinsweet Posted 12 Dec 2006 , 6:01pm
post #30 of 80

I HAVE BOUGHT ONE OF HER BOOKS AND IT IS WONDERFUL!!

I MADE A BUNCH UP FOR A CRAFT SHOW-
BANANA PUDDING WITH MINI VANILLA WAFERS;
DIRT PUDDING CUPS WITH CRUSHED OREOS AND GUMMY WORMS; M&M COOKIES WITH RED AND GREEN M&MS; CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM MIX; GARLIC CHEESE BISCUITS MIXES; REGULAR AND SUGARFREE HOT CHOCLATE; AND NO BAKE S'MORE COOKIES WITH MINI MARSHMALLOWS AND TEDDY GRAHAM COOKIES. THEY WERE A HIT! I SOLD A LOT OF HOT CHOCOLATE ONES WITH A XMAS CUP FROM DOLLAR GENERAL THAT I GOT FOR A DOLLAR. AND I HAVE SOME LEFT OVER FOR THE KIDS TEACHERS FOR XMAS GIFTS!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%