Fairy Princess Cookie Kit

Baking By momlovestocook Updated 8 Dec 2005 , 4:16pm by Lisa

momlovestocook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momlovestocook Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 4:00pm
post #1 of 2

Here's the link
http://www.grandrivertoys.com/webstore.taf?proid=4620&source=Dec062005&em=221418

I bought some sugar cookie mix, red powdered food coloring to add to it and a star and crown cookie cutter. I have coarse sugar, would that be good for the cake sparkles?
For the icing I was thinking of just putting it some icing sugar with the powdered coloring and giving instructions for a simple glaze(add milk and a little butter).

Was thinking of giving this to the church bake sale next week-I know it's not really christmas baking but thought it would make a cute gift for someone. I'll probably add a couple of lollipop sticks so they can make wands with the star cookies.

I've never used the powdered colors-any idea how much to add to the sugar cookie mix? I want more pink that dark red.

thanks
Sandra

1 reply
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 2

Cute idea! I've read you're not supposed to use the powders in cookie dough. Not sure though since I've never tried it. What if you bagged up strawberry cake mix with the recipe for making it into cookies that could be rolled/cut out. Here's the recipe...

1 package cake mix
1/3 cup shortening
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg

Preheat oven to 375ºF. Using a spoon, stir together about half of the dry cake mix, shortening, butter, vanilla and egg. Stir in remaining cake mix. Divide dough in half. Roll each half out to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or just until set (centers will be soft). Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire rack.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%