Don't Know If This Is A Disaster, But...

Decorating By CakeNCookieLady Updated 23 Feb 2007 , 11:30pm by CakeNCookieLady

CakeNCookieLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeNCookieLady Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 1:22am
post #1 of 4

I made a beautiful cake last weekend...by the time I got it to work it looked awful! I did blue (Tiffany blue) "base" icing with white for the borders, etc., or so I thought. The next day, all still looked good, although it appeared that the blue icing was bleeding into the white "beads" I did for the bottom border. By the end of the day, all of the lettering and fine detail work was as blue as the base icing!! icon_cry.gif Is there any way to avoid this?

3 replies
jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 1:39am
post #2 of 4

What kind of icing did you use? I had that happen when I made a diabetic cream cheese icing. But it doesn't happen to me if I use an icing that crusts.

princess_tonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princess_tonya Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 4

I had this happen too. I used chocolate icing and the colors on top turned nice and brown. You couldn't even tell they were there unless you looked really hard.

CakeNCookieLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeNCookieLady Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 11:30pm
post #4 of 4

I used the Wilton "Class Buttercream" which is all shortening and no butter (just butter flavor). I noticed on my Mardi Gras cake that the next day the colors were bleeding into the white "base" frosting as well. I guess the trick is not to ice the cake a day early!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%