These Are So Cool!

Baking By ShabbyChic_Confections Updated 22 Feb 2007 , 8:19pm by ShabbyChic_Confections

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 29

I saw these on the E! channel and I think they are so cool, but to be honest $65.00??? They are nice, but the rest of the cookies are just as good than some that I've seen here.

28 replies
archanac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
archanac Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 29

Cool! Can we see them too?

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 29

do you have a link or a picture we can look at?

ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 29

Opps icon_surprised.gif I forgot the link, here it is.

http://www.elenis.com/

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 8:39pm
post #5 of 29

I saw them on "E" the other night when they were talking about Oscar night and how they get so many orders every year for these cookies. They look awesome!

angie

swingme83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swingme83 Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 8:44pm
post #6 of 29

are they edible images?

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 8:45pm
post #7 of 29

they must be....

ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 8:46pm
post #8 of 29

Yes they are icon_confused.gif

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 8:54pm
post #9 of 29

Love their easter eggs!

deb

archanac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
archanac Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 9:01pm
post #10 of 29

Apparently, there is a topic about cookies and pricing...maybe $4 for a cookie is not unreasonable:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=120371&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=45

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 9:01pm
post #11 of 29

In a former job of mine I had to travel back and forth to NYC a lot! I visited Eleni's store-front and it's so cute! It's in such a neat building....her store-front is very small when you walk in, but there's a HUGE kitchen just past the counter with walk-in ovens! I bought a tin of her NYC cookies and although they are REALLY cute and packaged so darn cool (I still have the packaging), they're not the best tasting. Don't get me wrong, they don't taste bad, just not what I was expecting. They're very similar to a nilla wafer, but crunchier. They are also VERY small....about the size of a nilla wafer also! She had larger ones for sale, but the ones in the tins are very small. She has such a neat business!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 9:34pm
post #12 of 29

Did you see how many huge corporate cookies she has made??? I bet those weren't cheap! Wow, to be a famous cookie decorator *dreaming*

...and her cancer awareness t-shirts are sooo cute! usaribbon.gif

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 9:39pm
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by archanac

Cool! Can we see them too?

LOL icon_lol.gif

Danica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danica Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 9:44pm
post #14 of 29

hey those are pretty neat, but a little pricey.

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 9:46pm
post #15 of 29

these are cute!!
has this site been on foodnetwork too? i think i remember seeing something with this name before. i should go visit, i work close by.

kalico Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalico Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 9:50pm
post #16 of 29

my husband bought me a tin of Eleni's cookies for valentines day! i make cookies, too and he knew that i always wanted to try them. they were good - they DO taste like "nilla wafers"! but yikes - he paid about $35 in shipping charges to have a tin of 8 cookies sent to me.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 10:18pm
post #17 of 29

Yes, they were featured on the FoodNetwork a long time ago....that's where I first saw them and went to visit! They're awesome!

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 10:26pm
post #18 of 29

Looky here, I can actually bite the head off of my favorite actor............it's the new adult "animal cracker." icon_biggrin.gif

Tscookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tscookies Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 12:37am
post #19 of 29

Eleni's success is huge - started out decorating at her dining room table and became a multi-millionaire by the age of 40 thumbs_up.gif I think they are the cutest little things ever, though I wouldn't order again. I treated myself to some once, and I agree - they were a little on the crisp side. They reminded me of the cookies you get in the big blue round tins during the holidays ... sometimes they're shaped like pretzels with coarse sugar sprinkled on top. I tried passing some out - and a couple of people actually took a bite and gave them back to me icon_eek.gif .

It's funny - you've got Eleni's in New York charging $65 for a handful of 2" cookies in a tin, and then you've got Monaco Baking in California cranking out jumbo 5" cookies at $1.50 wholesale!

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 12:46am
post #20 of 29

Pretty nice. I couldn't find any of her cakes though; is it just me?

ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 1:09am
post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by nglez09

Pretty nice. I couldn't find any of her cakes though; is it just me?

No, is not just you, I don't think she has cakes on her website yet.

kissmycookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kissmycookie Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 3:15am
post #22 of 29

Neiman-Marcus is carrying Eleni's cookie gift tins now which likely has helped to increase her sales to the high-end market which is less concerned with cost and more with novelty. She's a smart businesswoman! If any of you are familiar with sprinkles cupcakes their relationship with Williams-Sonoma has done the same for their product also.

Tscookies Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 3:19am
post #23 of 29

Do you know who makes the sugar cookies for Williams Sonoma?

Tscookies Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 3:24am
post #24 of 29

I think I just found the answer to my own question - it's Monaco Baking ...

http://www.monacobaking.com/portfolio.php?PHPSESSID=6db75139fa4cdf8597220b902ee7f229

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 9:34am
post #25 of 29

I actually thought of the stars faces on cookies a long time ago, but was concerned about selling them. I wonder if she has to have the actors permission to sell these? Its like profiting from someones fame, I know you can do political stuff, but was curious about the stars. Never really researched it completely. Anyone know?

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 11:26am
post #26 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by archanac

Apparently, there is a topic about cookies and pricing...maybe $4 for a cookie is not unreasonable:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=120371&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=45

No, but how much skill does it take to slap an edible image on top of a cookie icon_confused.gificon_lol.gificon_wink.gif ! I would happily pay $1 an inch for a cookie that involved a lot of skill & time to create, but not these, however cute they maybe!

Cookie-Queen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie-Queen Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 7:39pm
post #27 of 29

I was curious so I purchased a tin from Eleni's a few months ago for my daughter (we call her cookie monster because she looooves cookies) and even she wouldn't eat them! They were cute but they tasted kind of stale. icon_confused.gif

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 7:48pm
post #28 of 29

Do they have Johnny Depp? I always said I would just like to eat him up icon_razz.gif

ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 8:19pm
post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

Do they have Johnny Depp? I always said I would just like to eat him up icon_razz.gif

LMAO, that's too funny!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%