Cupcake Container

Decorating By Janette Updated 21 Feb 2007 , 10:56pm by Janette

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 19

I hope I can explain this where member will understand what I'm looking for.

I've seen them before but didn't pay attention where because I didn't need them at the time. They are clear plastic, a dozen cupcakes fit into it and it has an attached lid.

I have been surfing the web and can only find it at Sugarcraft and I won't do business with them. Do any of you know who sells these?

18 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 19

Are you speaking of something in a heavy gauge plastic, almost like tupperware, or are you speaking of the clamshell containers that they use in supermarkets?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 7:15pm
post #3 of 19

Do you mean a disposable-type tray like you might find in grocery store bakeries?
Man, I wish I could help, those would be great to send cupcakes to school with my kids!! I'll be watching this thread!

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 7:17pm
post #4 of 19

Do you mean a disposable-type tray like you might find in grocery store bakeries?
Man, I wish I could help, those would be great to send cupcakes to school with my kids!! I'll be watching this thread!

jnoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jnoel Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 7:28pm
post #5 of 19

If you're talking about the disposable kind the grocery stores use, we have a store here (SC) called If it's Paper that carries the 6-cupcake size. Probably doesn't help you unless you have a store like that near you that sells all sorts of paper goods and maybe can order them for you.

Also, I read somewhere (I think on this forum) that Sam's will sell its bakery boxes and supplies. If you have one of those near you, it might be worth asking.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 7:33pm
post #6 of 19

Try www.plasticcontainercity.com

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 7:38pm
post #7 of 19

Wilton has one that holds a dozen regular cupcakes or you can turn the insert over and it holds 24 mini cupcakes. I have it and love it.

Janette Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 8:27pm
post #8 of 19

The clam shell type that are in the grocery stores. I want to ship cupcakes to my son.

Thanks

Janette Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 8:29pm
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyty

I saw this site but you have to have a $25 min order

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 8:33pm
post #10 of 19

I just recently bought the wilton one that holds 12 bigs or 24 mini's and a 9X13 cake... I LOVE IT.. I also have the wilton round cake holder... My favorite thing about them is how sturdy they are and they fact they they have large closure pieces to keep it sturdy, plus the handle is a great asset. I bought mine at Hobby Lobby with my 50% off and only paid 10 for it.... so it was worth it.. good luck with your search, be sure to check out wilton's.

Janette Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 8:38pm
post #11 of 19

Thanks but I'm looking for disposable.

tnt320to Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnt320to Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 8:44pm
post #12 of 19

Hi! I have used Plastic Container City before. I found some on ebay a while back. I got about 35-1 doz. containers for around $10 with shipping. I am in SC as well. If It's Paper had 1/2 doz containers for over $1 each! If you just need one for a special circumstance, you could try asking your local grocery store bakery or buying some and just reusing the container. Might be cheaper if you only need one than paying for shipping from an online vendor.

lkuptain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkuptain Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 8:48pm
post #13 of 19

I get mine from Publix in the bakery section. They sell the disposable 12 cupcake one for 25 to 50 cents a piece (depending on who is behind the counter)! I believe WalMart also sells them. Just ask the person working in the bakery section.

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 8:51pm
post #14 of 19

Jeanette

Your practically my neighbor ~ have you tried Gordon Foods. The only one I know of is on Telegraph in Taylor.

Vickie

BTW ~ I'm in Southgate

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 9:04pm
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyty

I saw this site but you have to have a $25 min order

If you have a cake/bakery supply, they might sell them to you.

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 9:55pm
post #16 of 19

Is there a cake dec. store near you that might carry them?

Joy's Kitchen Magic is a cake supply store in Dearborn, but I have not been there yet.

Cake and Candy Cupboard in St. Clair Shores has had them every time I've been in.

What about one of those chain party stores? Party City or similar?

I can't find any links quickly, I wish I could!

As a side note, this is the first time I saw this while looking for links to post: - Pretty cool!

http://www.cupcakecourier.com/pages/products.asp

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 10:31pm
post #17 of 19

These are pretty handy and very inexpensive, 4 trays for $4.95. I know they don't have the plastic cover you are looking for, but they fit easily into sheetcake boxes.
http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp?pn=PP1014&bhcd2=1172096929

Janette Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 10:44pm
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshsmom

Jeanette

Your practically my neighbor ~ have you tried Gordon Foods. The only one I know of is on Telegraph in Taylor.

Vickie

BTW ~ I'm in Southgate

What a small world, I'm going to my daughter's tonight. She lives in Taylor buy Kennedy High School.

If you have ever been at Watlz Inn then you were around the courner from me.

I'll have to give you a pm later icon_smile.gif

Janette Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 10:56pm
post #19 of 19

The reason I do so much shopping on line is because I live in the Boonies.

I didn't know there was a store in Dearborn. I wish I knew someone who has been there to tell me if it's worth the drive.

There is one in Trenton, but I don't like the owner she's a mean old witch. When I first started decorating I went in her store and asked her a couple of questions on what to buy, I spent $230. She had the nerve to tell me that the information she gave me would have cost $x if I took her class. And she wasn't kidding. I've seen her rude to her employees and rude to customers besides me so I won't give her my business.

When I do go to a supply store I drive out to the Baker's Nook in Saline. They have a web-site but they have much more in their store. The store is very impressive. Big, lots of supplies and very clean and neat. It's about 30 miles from me. I couldn't believe my husband actually likes going there. I like it when he goes he buys me stuff.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%