Cutest Wedding Announcement Ever! Need Cute Idea!

Decorating By Dannie Updated 7 Dec 2005 , 2:38am by SHADDI

Dannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dannie Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 1:15am
post #1 of 12

So my son is in Kindergarten and in the newsletter this week, it had that they were learning letter "Q" and "W" this week. Q is known for his many questions. Miss U always followed after Q so it was only natural for Mr. Q to ask Miss U the important question of "Will you marry me?". So after chapel Mr. Q and Miss U will be married to each other.

Cutest thing ever, right? Well, I volunteered to make the cake for their "reception" afterwards. Want it to be a "wedding" cake but something the kids will really get a kick out of.

Any ideas?

T.I.A.
Dannie

11 replies
ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 1:22am
post #2 of 12

How about a cupcake tiered cake? have all the alphabet letters piped on the cupcakes...or..A for Apple..b for Bee..that kind of thing..since it's school related? Q and U can be the bride and groom topper!..lol

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 2:49am
post #3 of 12

That is adorable Dannie! I'm having Sesame Street flashbacks icon_smile.gif You could make Mr. Q and Miss U (MRS. Q) letter people on a heart shaped cake. You could even have them dressed in wedding attire. I like the idea of cupcakes too though cause they're so easy so you could shape them to look like Mr. Q and Miss U.

Here's what I mean by letter people...

http://www.mylittleadventure.co.uk/media/letters.jpg

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 2:52am
post #4 of 12

awww, what a sweet idea!

kerririchards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerririchards Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 3:08am
post #5 of 12

How about using a Wilton book cake pan and put that little Miss U and Mr. Q saying on it - make it kind of like a wedding invitation. You could do it all in white on white or very pastel colors like on a wedding cake. That could be the "grooms" cake, and you could have a small wedding cake to go with it. Even decorate the table with a Unity candle, rose petals, etc.

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 3:32am
post #6 of 12
Quote:

These would be just sooooo cute on the cupcakes!!

Moviechick00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moviechick00 Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 3:36am
post #7 of 12

I had to read this a couple of times and then read it out loud. Tooooo cute. A cup cake wedding cake sounds like a great idea. MC

Dannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dannie Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 1:42pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks for the ideas! This should be fun!

-Dannie

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 1:52pm
post #9 of 12

I have seen this wedding-my little brother was Mr. Q (he's 24 now) and it was the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life! When they pronouned them "married" they said "qu, qu"-their new sound! You will have a ball with this!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 2:00pm
post #10 of 12

That is so cute! I like the idea of doing cupcakes too!

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 4:14pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:

They are too cute! I want to make them as little cakes for my DD's class!

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 7 Dec 2005 , 2:38am
post #12 of 12

i dif a little search and i came uppond this wed site of a class haveing a wedding for mr. q and miss u it is so cute the girls were dressed with a viel and the boys with a bow tie and they did a wedding shower for them to bring gift that started with a q and a u it cute you have to check it out:

http://www.geocities.com/broomesroom/Wedding.html

shaddi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%