What Would You Want A Software Program To Do??

Business By sugartopped Updated 20 Jan 2007 , 4:11am by albumangel

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 7 Dec 2005 , 10:00pm
post #31 of 73

one more thing that i would need from this program is for it to clean up my kitchen when im done. throw that in and i'll pay you with my right arm.
haha
melody

poppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poppie Posted 7 Dec 2005 , 10:27pm
post #32 of 73

build it and we will buy. i hope he can make it everyone here would buy one i know i would. Good luck Poppie thumbs_up.gificon_wink.gif

Randa_000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Randa_000 Posted 7 Dec 2005 , 10:54pm
post #33 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyscakes

one more thing that i would need from this program is for it to clean up my kitchen when im done. throw that in and i'll pay you with my right arm.
haha
melody

Add in bathe the kids and cook dinner and I will see that arm and raise a leg....hehehehehe icon_wink.gif

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 3:52am
post #34 of 73

Good luck with the program! I'm sure that everyone here at CC would purchase a copy!
Leslie

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 1:01pm
post #35 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiasmami

what ever happened to this project?

My poor overworked husband icon_lol.gif has been working on it and he has actually been reading through everyone's posts to get ideas. Most things he said he can do, there a few that he said may not be able to do at this time (sorry no kitchen cleaning or children bathing....he said maybe version 2 icon_lol.gif ).

It is going to take him a few weeks (bad timing w/the holidays), but he said he is hoping to have something by beginning of Jan or end of Jan. at the latest. Since we want to make it available to all you guys, we are trying to figure out the best way....either a web-based program....or a software program we would have to ship!!

So keep posting ideas...and you guys will be the first to know when it's done and ready for use!!! I'm so excited about this!!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 2:22pm
post #36 of 73

Hey if he can make it do the dishes, I'll throw in my first born child!

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 8 Dec 2005 , 5:33pm
post #37 of 73

Instead of shipping, you can have it downloadable so you don't have to charge shipping costs and you don't have to pay the packaging costs.

het518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
het518 Posted 14 Dec 2005 , 5:19am
post #38 of 73

This program sounds wonderful good luck to you guys. I would love to purchase it once it is done.

ncdessertdiva Posted 15 Dec 2005 , 1:17am
post #39 of 73

Thanks to your hubby and you! I'm sure that you will have many members of the CC family waiting in line to purchase this program (including me)! I hope you have a safe and happy holiday!
Leslie

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 2 Jan 2006 , 4:45am
post #40 of 73

Just wondering about the development of this software?

Any luck yet?

macksnax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
macksnax Posted 4 Jan 2006 , 7:32am
post #41 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by llee815

Instead of shipping, you can have it downloadable so you don't have to charge shipping costs and you don't have to pay the packaging costs.

i think this would be a great idea to make it downloadable, it would save on everyones pockets a little bit. here's something you might be able to do, a few months ago i heard on the radio where this guy had an ebay listing of downloadable indecent photos of his ex-girlfriend. he was getting back at her for cheating. so he set up with ebay a "buy it now listing" for x-amount and it would allow you to download the photos to take a peak and since you purchase them they are yours to keep if you wish. what i am saying is maybe you can do this and set up the account and list the link on a forum on CC. just a thought. i fyou have any questions on how to do this, i may be able to have my husband explain a little better than me.

Divinekreationz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Divinekreationz Posted 6 Jan 2006 , 4:09pm
post #42 of 73

In reference to the web based or not. Keep it off the internet if at all possible. Having a web client can make it difficult to distribute. Depending on the programming platform. Web based applications depend on whats installed on the pc, a viewer of some sort. Like when u have to have adobe to see some things on the internet. It can cause for a major support issue. Other than that I am very excited to see what you come up with.. I am more than willing to pay for it. Good Luck!

SmilieFace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SmilieFace Posted 7 Jan 2006 , 9:40pm
post #43 of 73

What is your husband using to create this, do you know? I just created something similar (my main field is computer engineering), except for a Probation department (offender's instead of clients, fines & fees instead of recipe costs, but same basic idea), and would be interested to know what he used...

CakemanOH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakemanOH Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 1:12pm
post #44 of 73

Any updates on this project. Sounds great!!!!!!

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 19 Jan 2006 , 7:28pm
post #45 of 73

This sounds awesome!! can't wait.. Have you seen Bakery buddy? Has some of that stuff but it's too pricey for me. it's online though not where you can just buy the program. Anyways, add me to your list!

macksnax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
macksnax Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 10:22am
post #46 of 73

are there any updates to this???? icon_biggrin.gif

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 8:43pm
post #47 of 73

thanks for inquiries....glad to see everyone is still interested. my husband is still working it. taking longer than we thought it would...but he is also working on my website. but i'll def. let everyone know when we get something workable!!! hopefully too much longer though!!!

cookielady1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookielady1 Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 9:53pm
post #48 of 73

How about a pricing program? Or an area in the program that will price your cakes for you. I bet your husband could make a fortune if he writes a good program for bakeries or decorators. I would be willing to purchase it. Let me know when he gets it finished.

CakeDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDesigns Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 10:14pm
post #49 of 73

God bless you and your husband for such magnificent idea. I pray to God he gives your husband the strentgh and ability to work on this. I've worked on databases and I know it takes time so take your time and create a wonderful tool for us.

I'd also would like this program to have the cake servings/batter amount chart. If I plug in 70 servings the computer can suggest the pans to use and the design.

Another wonderful idea that someone else mention was the one about a software to design cakes and keep track of your cake photos. Any graphic designers out there to undertake this project?

Let us know when can we purchase this.

sempfi22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sempfi22 Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 12:29am
post #50 of 73

I would be willing to buy the program. Let me know, thanks

cat121481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cat121481 Posted 27 Jan 2006 , 12:46am
post #51 of 73
Quote:
Quote:

I want to be able to key in the shape cake I want..add in side decorations..colors of fondant or buttercream...all that kind of stuff and see what a cake will look like.....

I really like that idea! that way customers can see what the cake in there head would really look like.

I would want it to be able to to calculate how much of my supplies I use for each cake, how much I have on hand and remind me when I getting low on supplies.

I would also want to be able to transfer any info to a PDA or something similar. It would be helpful when shopping for supplies to have the list on your PDA.

ncdessertdiva Posted 14 Feb 2006 , 8:45pm
post #52 of 73

Hi pinkbunny,
I hope you and your hubby are doing well. Just checking the status on the software program . . .
I hope that he has been able to make good progress. I'm sure everyone would appreciate an update, if available.
Thanx,
ncdessertdiva

tccksmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tccksmith Posted 18 Feb 2006 , 3:18am
post #53 of 73

[quote="Dale"]An invoice section. To be able to print out a custom invoice, who has paid, what the deposit was, what is owed, delivery fee, etc.

Also, have him to make me a program to be able to read my wifes mind and to interpet what she means when she says one thing but means another. It should be able to compute the right answers to questions such as:
"Do I look fat in this?"
"How does my hair look?"
"You like my mother...dont you?"
"Do you think I'm turning into my mother?"
"Whatcha thinking?"
It should also track headaches and be able to Forecast "Mystery cramps" and automatically page my beeper to warn me.
He makes that... I'll buy the first copy. Heck....I'll cut off my right arm and give it to em![/quote

I don't think a computer program can help men, it may be a lost cause. But if any women out there are interested, I am looking for some classes to send my husband:

"Washers and Dryers can be operated by Men"

"Dishwashing 101"

"Toilet Paper Replacment-that little plastic thing-does not require a password-you can replace the empty roll"

"Remote Controls-how to ease the seperation anxiety"

"How not to give your wife the headache and myserty cramps"

"It's not all about you"

icon_razz.gificon_wink.gif

dawnscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnscake Posted 19 Feb 2006 , 12:59am
post #54 of 73

This would be a great asset to many of us! I've been working on a simple program in Microsoft Works Database to keep track of all of my customers, thier addresses,what I spend, what I make and so on... It's been a long process as I have no training in any of this! I would love to see/use/buy this program when it is done! Please do keep us posted!

A while back there was talk (on another board that I belong to) of a program that you could use to create your 3D cake design. I don't remember what it was called, but will ask around for info! If I find it I will post here for everyone! I would love to have a copy myself, but haven't thought about it for a while! Thanks for bringing it up!

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 27 Feb 2006 , 3:11am
post #55 of 73

We are SO like kids waiting for the cookies to come out of the oven.

I actually ALMOST forgot about this post. This program would be so great!

I can't wait!

ProudMary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ProudMary Posted 27 Feb 2006 , 4:28pm
post #56 of 73

This is my first reply so bare with me. There were so many postings its hard to remember what was included. I wanted to ask if you have a place for rentals? (Fountain, stands, flower rings, etc) Possibly a way to track these items and the cost to rent them. And, lets not forget the refundable deposit when the items are returned. I have a friend that is constantly "borrowing" my things and I am not sure what would happen if something should come up missing or broken. I would be devastated. The funny thing about this is she charges the customers for the use of my items.

I think this is a wonderful idea and you definitely want to patent it. I have recently started the cake business and love it. Good luck with the program and I would love to purchase one when its ready.

CakemanOH Posted 13 Mar 2006 , 8:50pm
post #57 of 73

Just looking for an update if there is one???

poppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poppie Posted 14 Mar 2006 , 12:43am
post #58 of 73

ya'll are great to do this your dh is a saint. Keep us all informed.

CakemanOH Posted 19 Mar 2006 , 8:38pm
post #59 of 73

Hello??? Anyone out there. BUMP BUMP BUMP!

wolfley29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wolfley29 Posted 21 Mar 2006 , 2:08am
post #60 of 73

Just wanted to say that your DH is a wonderful man to do this for you! Bless his heart. I am in line to buy it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%