60's Cake?? Help!

Decorating By diane Updated 28 Mar 2005 , 9:30pm by AngelWendy

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 26 Mar 2005 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 10

o.k. guys, i need your help. my daughter's birthday party is the 2nd of april. she is into the 60's theme...why? i don't know? icon_confused.gif her favorite colors are yellow, orange and lime green. i want to do a 3d cake but i have no clue what to do. icon_cry.gif any ideas would be much appreciated!!! icon_lol.gif

9 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 26 Mar 2005 , 2:06pm
post #2 of 10

Make a jukebox- they have her favorite colors on them.

***Boy am I NOT thinking or what. Jukebox is from the 50's duuuh!

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 26 Mar 2005 , 3:05pm
post #3 of 10

oooooooHHHHHHH! Remember those psychedelic 3-D hands in the form of a peace sign? You could even get your own hand waxed and use as a sculpture? They came in candles and such?

That would be awesome and very groovy, baby!!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 26 Mar 2005 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 10

LOL!! Right on!! How about a tie-dye looking flower power cake. My DH and I did a goofy looking one for a friend but I was too embarassed to post the picture. My DH went nuts with an airbrush!

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 26 Mar 2005 , 7:42pm
post #5 of 10

here are some photos that might help you:

Wilton has a "Flower Power" Cake Pan:
http://cakecentral.com/wilton-pan-instructions-58-Flower-Power8482--Cake-Pan-2105-3055.html

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 27 Mar 2005 , 9:31pm
post #6 of 10

Do you have any 3D pans? Which kinds of pans do you have? That will help us focus ideas for you. You can use the clay flower pots to bake in if that is useful. If you have the 3D bear pan, you could make him a hippie bear or something like that. icon_wink.gif

Best Wishes!
~AngelWendy

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 9:14am
post #7 of 10

i have tons of pans, but the only 3d pans i have are the doll pan and the baseball pan.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 12:01pm
post #8 of 10

Now my favorite out of all of those is the LOVE cake....I bet you could do that!!! Or something like that.! Ya know that stuff is coming back with a vengeness...and the 70s too! I just dont understand it...of course I didnt understand it then either... though in the 60s I started at 5....

Winnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Winnie Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 1:43pm
post #9 of 10

In one of the old Wilton year books is bluejeans made in the horsehoe pan. You could decorate with peace signs, love,etc. I will see if I can find which book it is in.

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 28 Mar 2005 , 9:30pm
post #10 of 10

By baseball pan do you mean a sphere/ball shaped pan? Because you may be able to do a lot of various things with that.

Best of luck!
~AngelWendy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%