Posted Another Picture

Decorating By Joshsmom Updated 25 Mar 2005 , 8:17pm by Joshsmom

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 11:43am
post #1 of 7

I posted a picture of my 2nd try at a CT in the Easter category. This one went much better icon_biggrin.gif though those little detail things are challenging. icon_mad.gif

I made this for a family get together tonight. Since my family is spread out no one has seen any of my cakes since I've only been doing this for a short time (this was my 6-7th cake that I've ever made) so I'm excited for them to see this.

Without everyone here I don't know that I would have been able to get this far. Thanks for being here thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 1:17pm
post #2 of 7

you are just toooo talented!! which transfer do you like working with, the buttercream transfer or the chocolate transfer??

Joshsmom Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you Diane for the nice compliment.

I actually have not tried the buttercream transfer yet, still a little intimidated by it only because I feel like I'd end up smearing everything together. icon_lol.gif

I actually thinking of giving the BCT a try very very shortly after of course I read the tutorial for the 1 billionth time. icon_lol.gif

diane Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 4:00pm
post #4 of 7

hey, have you been in the cake disaster forum?? icon_surprised.gif catch my bct disaster? icon_eek.gif

diane Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 4:01pm
post #5 of 7

when you do try the bct, tell me which one you think is easier. i haven't tried the ct yet!

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 7:08pm
post #6 of 7

Hi, Joshsmom! I am wondering what type of chocolate you use for this type of transfer. i guess that it could be any kind. But how do you achieve such wonderful colors? BTW, great bunny cake!

Joshsmom Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 8:17pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks Tanyascakes.

I actually used the candymelts and the wilton candy colors.

After my disaster with trying to do my first CT with baggies I tried the squeeze bottles and had much more control. The only buggers were the tiny details like the eyes, I found the squeeze bottles opening was too big to get the thin outline I needed in order to get a couple colors in there.

I've never tried the parchment bags so maybe I'll experiment with those to see if they work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%