Cookie Orders Piling In

Baking By Mac Updated 5 Dec 2005 , 1:49pm by Mac

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 30 Nov 2005 , 12:56am
post #1 of 16

Whew! Sunday evening not a single cookie order but by Sunday nite, I had a lady order 20 dozen decorated cookies for Christmas. Now that it's Tuesday--I have a total of 40 dozen decorated cookies for the month of December. Making my dough tonite and starting to bake a few dozen and freeze.

And let's not forget the cake orders--9 so far.

It will be a white Christmas in my kitchen with all the flour flying!!!

15 replies
blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 30 Nov 2005 , 12:57am
post #2 of 16

WOW!! Congrats! You will do a great job...be sure to take lots of pics!

Berta

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 30 Nov 2005 , 12:59am
post #3 of 16

Wow!!! That's a lot of orders to fill icon_eek.gif A white Christmas for sureicon_smile.gif

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 30 Nov 2005 , 3:46am
post #4 of 16

AWESOME! I am a little leary...this is my first Christmas. I have orders already, but I am scared I won't have anymore. Is that nuts? i have enough (almost 500 decorated cookies) and I am depressed b/c I haven't had any orders....NOT EVEN DECEMBER YET!!!!

My husband says......RELAX! Guess that is good advice! icon_wink.gif

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 30 Nov 2005 , 3:53am
post #5 of 16

Congratulations to all of you on your orders!! thumbs_up.gif
I don't have any orders yet for December and I am depressed. Any tips on getting some? I thought about making a flyer and sending it to past customers. How do you all get the orders coming in like that?

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 30 Nov 2005 , 4:26am
post #6 of 16

The one I have is for my cleaning lady for her clients as their gift the other is for my church..the youth group leaders are getting boxes of cookies as their gift. Maybe you could get your flyer out to some businesses like that....Maybe the schools around you? Ask if you can leave a tray in the break room with a couple flyers...OUr teachers are looking for gifts and I notice they love to by while they are at school...since they are there all the time.

Don't worry.... you have plenty of time....

Plus my orders were from people I know....i don't ahve any call ins yet this month either.

thumbs_up.gif

Mac Posted 30 Nov 2005 , 4:28am
post #7 of 16

Most are repeat customers that ordered cookies in Oct and Nov. I also am associated with a cooking school/kitchen store here. They have a huge selection of cookie cutters and customers are always asking them if they know of any cookie decorators. They hand them my business card.

I also told the repeat customers when I dropped off their orders that I was only taking and baking for others through December 19th. Do that encouraged them to get their orders in early.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 30 Nov 2005 , 2:52pm
post #8 of 16

Whew..that is a lot of cookies!! congrats!! Just think....it's only Nov. 30th...plenty of time to get more orders!

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 30 Nov 2005 , 9:15pm
post #9 of 16

i think instead of a white christmas it will be a green christmas $$$$$$$$$

congrats!!!!
melody

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 30 Nov 2005 , 10:52pm
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyscakes

i think instead of a white christmas it will be a green christmas $$$$$$$$$

congrats!!!!
melody

I was thinking the same. Congratulations and be sure to post pictures!

izzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
izzybee Posted 1 Dec 2005 , 3:46pm
post #11 of 16

I'm so jealous!!

ktweety Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ktweety Posted 1 Dec 2005 , 3:49pm
post #12 of 16

CONGRATS. THIS IS MY FIRST I AM TRYING TO GET SOME ORDERS. I AM GOING TO LOCAL BUSINESSES AND GIVING DISPLAYS
KRIS

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 1 Dec 2005 , 3:51pm
post #13 of 16

I go an order from my daughter's PALS group for over 400 molded chocolates. Going to try and start on them this weekend. They are giving them to the teachers in their school along with some other items.

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 4 Dec 2005 , 9:06am
post #14 of 16

That is soooooo awesome. Keep up the good work. Pretty soon we will be seeing your success story on Food Network, Recipe For Success. Congrats!!

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 4 Dec 2005 , 10:49pm
post #15 of 16

Mac,
I'm trying to get all this timing down. If you start baking early and freezing the 40 dozen cookies, when will you start decorating and how long do you figure it takes you to decorate that many? After you decorate them, how long before they are picked up or delivered?

I love your cookies. I would have had to start decorating 40 dozen Christmas cookies last summer if it were me. icon_cry.gif

kos

Mac Posted 5 Dec 2005 , 1:49pm
post #16 of 16

Kos--

I have already started baking them. The biggest order is for 20 dozen due 12-16 so I will start decorating them on the 12th. The others are for 3 dozen, 2 dozen here and there. Plus I will make a few extra dozen for those last minute people.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%