PurplePetunia Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 12:10am
post #1 of

Well, I finally tried the MMF and it came out great. icon_biggrin.gif
I don't find a huge difference in the taste compared to the Virgin Ice I buy from a cake bakery, but at least I can flavour the MMF.

I was wondering if anyone knows how thin to roll the MMF. I usually roll the store bought fondant to 1/4 inch. I think I read somewhere that you can roll the MMF to 1/8th inch. Is that true??

Also, has anyone tried using MMF on cookies??
Thanks!

9 replies
MrsMissey Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 12:28am
post #2 of

It's true!!!! You can get it to about an 1/8" thin. I made roses the other night with the MMF and the petals were paper thin! Can't help you with the cookie question..sorry!

peacockplace Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 3:01pm
post #3 of

Does anyone know if you can mix MMF in a Kithcen Aid instead of doing it by hand?

angelkiss013 Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 3:09pm
post #4 of

Hi everyone. I'm new on this site , and i was wondering....what is MMF ?
Is it like a marshmallow fondant ?

Thanks icon_wink.gif

flayvurdfun Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 3:16pm
post #5 of

Better person then I am...my first batch of MMF tasted like the 10x sugar..I am sure it was because of me, but I followed the directions to a tee and it still tasted the same... speaking of which any recipes for MMF? I am going to look on here.

cakeconfections Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 3:16pm
post #6 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockplace

Does anyone know if you can mix MMF in a Kithcen Aid instead of doing it by hand?

I use my kitchen aid all the time. Use the dough hook. Also make sure you grease the hook and bowl. It will keep the MMF from sticking.

Angelkis103 - MMF is marshmallow fondant.

thecakemaker Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 3:21pm
post #7 of

I used my kitchen aid and the dough hook for my MMF too. I use it whenever possible to reduce the work!

Debbie

MrsMissey Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 3:23pm
post #8 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkiss013

Hi everyone. I'm new on this site , and i was wondering....what is MMF ?
Is it like a marshmallow fondant ?

Thanks icon_wink.gif

yes...it is Marshmallow Fondant!! ..and Welcome to the board!

m0use Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 3:26pm
post #9 of

Yes, I have read that in another post that you can use the stand mixer (if that is what you are talking about) with the dough hook.

angelkiss013 Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 3:42pm

Thanks for the welcoming Mrs. Missey....I'm so glad to have found this site ! I can't wait to bake my first " pretty" cake !

Angel icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%