Okay...i Need To Make A Yellow Cab!!!

Decorating By Terri_A Updated 25 Feb 2007 , 7:35am by NewbeeBaker

Terri_A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Terri_A Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 5

I have gone over this a million times in mind as to how I should go about making a 3-D stand up yellow cab. I'll attach the photo below. Has anyone here made a car before that could offer any advice or pitfalls to avoid????

Thanks!

4 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 5

My very first novelty cake was a yellow taxi. (Not fantastic, but it was fun!) I didn't know about tinting fondant at all then, so I hand-painted the car with food colourings... icon_confused.gif

(HIT "DOWNLOAD" IN THE BOX BELOW......)
LL

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 5

You could use the 3D Wilton Car pan and then just trim it to adjust the shape if you need to. I used it to make my Wiggles car in my photos, of course that was before I had used MMF or had learned to smooth my buttercream to look like fondant, still just doing stars but I think it turned out good. I used the chocolate covered oreos for the tires and junior mints brushed with silver luster dust for the lights.

Terri_A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Terri_A Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 5:43am
post #4 of 5

Here's the finished product! It's not perfect. I was not happy with how bumpy the fondant looks, but the cake below was crumbling as I was putting the crumbcoat on it!

The man it was for was thrilled and I was pleased on the whole with the finished product!

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 7:35am
post #5 of 5

I think it looks great! And if there is any bumps....well the driver gets in a lot of accidents, hehe=)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%