Mmf? Mine Was Not Good!

Decorating By flayvurdfun Updated 25 Mar 2005 , 5:26am by tcturtleshell

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 9:12pm
post #1 of 5

Oh my goodness.... I made mmf today (not sure where I got recipe) but I followed the recipe to the tee and it tasted too much like the 10x sugar, it never got unsticky, I was so upset!@ icon_redface.gificon_cry.gif I know I read it takes a bit to do to get it right, but my goodness! anyway, I didnt do the fondant obviously, just a buttercream..... I may have pics later.... just not yet.....

4 replies
cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 5

i have never had that happen. I wonder if you were using too much sugar or maybed didnt melt them enough. I will usually add a touch of vanilla to them just to get rid of some of the sugar taste.

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 5

I can't get the darn stuff to roll out. I melt it I add the sugar and and I start to knead it. When I am done kneading it has cooled off and very rubbery and does not want to roll out. Also once I did get it to roll out as far as it would I put it on a cake and later came back and looked at my cake.. hmm It had little bubbles forming all over it.. It really looked horrible..

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansbaker

I can't get the darn stuff to roll out. I melt it I add the sugar and and I start to knead it. When I am done kneading it has cooled off and very rubbery and does not want to roll out. Also once I did get it to roll out as far as it would I put it on a cake and later came back and looked at my cake.. hmm It had little bubbles forming all over it.. It really looked horrible..

I know once it cools off i do put it in the microwave for a few seconds to get it soft so that it is easy to work with.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 5:26am
post #5 of 5

briansbaker...
I have never used MMF but I've been having a mess w/ my buttercream icing lately!!! It will not crust for nothing!!!! Maybe our problem is the humidity.. TX weather is just like LA weather! HUMID all the time!! I had to use my blow dryer to dry my icing today!! Very frustrating especially when I have to do the wedding cakes soon!!!!!

Hey, where in TX are you?? We might be pretty close. That would be so cool!! If I'm being too nosey SORRY!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%