Antonia's Royal Icing

Baking By gizzmo Updated 29 Nov 2005 , 1:18pm by denise2434

gizzmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gizzmo Posted 29 Nov 2005 , 1:11am
post #1 of 5

please excuse me for asking icon_redface.gif i know it has been posted before and i have missed it. can someone tell me where or what is antonia's royal icing recipe? and does it get as hard as other royal recipes-does it stack well? sorry if repeated b4 but i m still a newbie at forums..i love reading all of this info you guys are great!!!! thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 29 Nov 2005 , 1:44am
post #2 of 5
denise2434 Posted 29 Nov 2005 , 1:50am
post #3 of 5

Sorry gizzmo...I forgot to add Antonia's how to article on cookie decorating. It's really a great article....

http://www.cakecentral.com/article54-How-To-Bake--Decorate-Cookies.html

Hope that helps, ~Denise
icon_biggrin.gif

gizzmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gizzmo Posted 29 Nov 2005 , 2:42am
post #4 of 5

thanks for the recipe link-one more question(if i m not pushing it), is tobia and antonia the same i seem to see them both everywhere thanks again cant wait to make some COOKIES!! icon_biggrin.gif

denise2434 Posted 29 Nov 2005 , 1:18pm
post #5 of 5

Good Morning gizzmo!! icon_biggrin.gif It's really not a problem...I'm glad to help in any way that I can. icon_biggrin.gif

Here is what okieinalaska posted earlier about the recipe......

Toba Garrett's Glacé Icing Recipe: I let it harden over night and then you can stack them but it won't break a tooth.

1 pound (454 g) powdered sugar
3/8 cup (90 ml) whole milk
3/8 cup (4.5 oz or 126 g) light corn syrup

Flavor Options: 1 tsp concentrated extract, I Tbsp alcohol or liqueur, or 2 to 3 drops concentrated candy oil

In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the sugar and the milk first. The icing should be very soft and have a heavy-cream texture before you add the corn syrup. Add the corn syrup and mix just until combined.

Cover the bowl with plastic wrap to prevent drying until you're ready to use it. (color as needed)

Too outline- add 6 tbs powder sugar to 1/2 cup of the icing above. I have made chocolate by adding a little cocoa and a little chocolate and then black color.

It's really a yummy recipe...I used it for my son's Halloween party cookies for his classroom. If you have anymore questions...please just let me know. thumbs_up.gif

Hugs, ~Denise

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%