Where Is The Best Place To Get A Refurbished Kitchenaid?

Decorating By kathik Updated 19 Feb 2007 , 5:38am by megankennedy

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 12:56am
post #1 of 16

I want to buy another mixer but I really want to get a good deal. Has anyone seen a good deal lately?

Thanks,
Kathi

15 replies
lmn4881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmn4881 Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 12:58am
post #2 of 16

Have you checked on Ebay?

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 12:59am
post #3 of 16

Go to the KitchenAid website - they sell refurbished machines.

deb

ksimp6577 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ksimp6577 Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 1:02am
post #4 of 16

I just got one from kitchencollections.com. I got the 6 quart professional and an additional bowl for $330, including shipping and tax. I love it!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 1:02am
post #5 of 16

Check for a good deal on Amazon.com, that is where I got mine. Sometimes they reduce the price, and then have $25 off a certain amount purchase in the kitchen equipment, as well as free shipping... that was when I got mine. It works fine, have had it two years. Janice

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 1:07am
post #6 of 16

for something like that I would buy from KitchenAid. They still have warrenties with their refurbished ones and then if there are any problems you can still work directly with them.

They sell their refurbished items on ebay. If you look them up by seller their ID is Kitchenaid

goog luck. I can't wait to be able to buy another mixer.

deester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deester Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 1:30am
post #7 of 16

My mom lives in Greenville, Ohio where they make the KA's. Their store, the KitchenAid Experience, is where I got mine and it was a refurbished Pro 5 Plus. I think it was about $210. The Pro 6 refurbs were priced at about $230 - these are of course without shipping, cause I just drove up there and bought it, but maybe that will give you an idea what they sell for in their own store.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 1:34am
post #8 of 16

or....

use 20% off coupon at Linens & Things....

that's what I did for mine....

-------------

AND

it's not the one that sells on the Revereware but the other kitchen supply store that's in many of the outlet malls usually carries refurb KAs too -- last time I was outlets in Willmington, saw then at that outlet on the main drag (near Dolly Parton's theatre)

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 1:42am
post #9 of 16

I got mine during an Amazon.com sale as well.... it was like 25% off, free shipping, and then the model number was slightly different than that advertised so they gave another amount off and I ended up getting a 5 qt for $99 including shipping and everything.

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 3:10am
post #10 of 16

Thanks everyone. I've been waiting for my tax return to come in and now it's here!

Kathi

adrisss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adrisss Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 3:22am
post #11 of 16

Here is a link for ebay for a Pro 600 and its not refursbished and really cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/KitchenAid-Kitchen-Aid-600-Series-6-Qt-Mixer-KP26M1XNP_W0QQitemZ140086638319QQihZ004QQcategoryZ20679QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140086638319

hope the info helps

icon_smile.gif

Adriana

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 3:33am
post #12 of 16

Wow! I definately love my 6 qt mixer, the large bowl is a must for big batches of cake batter and icing.

Be careful though, that guy seems to have a bit of questionable feedback....fairly recently it seems he sold something that was possibly used as "brand new" so beware...

stlalohagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlalohagal Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 5:27am
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

Check for a good deal on Amazon.com, that is where I got mine. Sometimes they reduce the price, and then have $25 off a certain amount purchase in the kitchen equipment, as well as free shipping... that was when I got mine. It works fine, have had it two years. Janice

This is how I got mine. They have a special (white model only) and then they offer free shipping and KA had a mail in rebate for $20 and the $25 off from Amazon and I got it for $154 total.

The KA website does have the refeb's too but they weren't a better deal than the one I got for a new one from Amazon. You have to look hard on their website, I remember the link was hard to find.

- Paula

PS - I just went and looked up my post from NOV and the link still works to Amazon but they're not on special right now. You might find it closer to Easter. But they do run them! Keep checking if you're not in a rush.

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 5:33am
post #14 of 16

Take a serious look at the Kohl's department store. They have incredible sales and really move the Kitchen Aid's out the door. If you know someone that is a senior citizen you can usually get from 15-20% off on Wednesdays. Hope this helps.

missy77510 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missy77510 Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 5:33am
post #15 of 16

I got mine from amazon.com, but if your looking for a store that sells them, you might check if you have a Fry's electronic store in your area, they also carry refurbished ones.

megankennedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megankennedy Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 5:38am
post #16 of 16

i got my 6 qt pro from www.kitchencollection.com, for only 240! works great, no problems. shipping was fast and customer service is good. hope you find one you like! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%