Help Using Push Molds

Baking By texastwinkie Updated 29 Nov 2005 , 12:28am by texastwinkie

texastwinkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastwinkie Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 12:19pm
post #1 of 6

Toba has a beautiful cameo cookie in her book and I want to try and make one. I searched high and low for a pretty cameo push mold and finally found one!!! Yeah!!!! Now, how do I use it? I want to try it with fondant. Do I need to coat it with anything before putting the fondant in it? I'm assuming the mold needs to be put in the freeze for a short while so that the fondant will come out easily? Anyone have a luck using these molds?

5 replies
barbara-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbara-ann Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 12:38pm
post #2 of 6

Sorry I haven't tried that yet, but where did you find the cameo mold. My daughter just loves cameos. Thanks.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 3:12pm
post #3 of 6

CK Products makes a few cameo push molds..you should be able to order them from you local cake decorating store or order online:

You can coat the molds with either a little crisco or cornstarch...I don't usually put them in the freezer, I just let them set up for a few minutes and then "pry" the fondant out with a toothpick.

The ones pictured below are 1" and 1-3/4" molds!
LL
LL

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 6

I just tried this and I love it..i jsut dusted the mold with a little corn starch..adn they came right out...then leave them to dry...works great!

blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 9:40pm
post #5 of 6

I got my cameos from CK Products also. They are great!

Berta

texastwinkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%