Last Of 4 Big Orders...phew!!

Decorating By adven68 Updated 29 Nov 2005 , 2:44am by stephanie214

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 27 Nov 2005 , 11:30pm
post #1 of 14

I can't believe it's finally over!!! I had a stretch of 2 weeks where it was one big cake after the other, after the other, etc....

This one was for a very big 1st birthday party for a boy. I wanted to do a subtle design featuring Bambi. I made fondant plaques and tranferred images of Bambi's movie, all monochrome. (I didn't want a cartoon cake, I was going for elegant)....The name and bow and designs are MMF.....
In retrospect, I should have made it look grander, but only because the party was in a huge catering hall. Perhaps I should have used pillars on one of the layers...or a dummy cake on the bottom.

They loved it...just my own notes....thanks for looking!!!
LL

13 replies
bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 27 Nov 2005 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 14

once again, you do great work!

sedinga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sedinga Posted 27 Nov 2005 , 11:34pm
post #3 of 14

This is a very beautiful cake. I think it looks very grand. You did a wonderful job thumbs_up.gif

BellaRosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaRosa Posted 27 Nov 2005 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 14

That is so beautiful! You did a gorgeous job! How did you get the images transferred? Is it edible print images?

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 6:29am
post #5 of 14

Wonderful job!!! Are you now going to take a break from all these big cakes? You deserve it!!

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 6:31am
post #6 of 14

I adore the messages you put on your cakes! How long does it take for your MMF to harden for the name and bow? Do you add anything extra like Gum-Tex to help it harden? Also, are the butterflies edible images on fondant?

Super job, as always!

~ Sherri

Randa_000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Randa_000 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 7:19am
post #7 of 14

What a beautiful cake... you are very talented... icon_smile.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 3:32pm
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

I adore the messages you put on your cakes! How long does it take for your MMF to harden for the name and bow? Do you add anything extra like Gum-Tex to help it harden? Also, are the butterflies edible images on fondant?

~ Sherri

Thanks everyone.....sherri....the MMF takes a couple of days to harden but if I am just attaching it to the cake, it doesn't need to be dry. If I put in on picks or dowels to place on top of the cake, then it needs to be totally hard. The bow hardened (enough to use) overnight. I hated this bow and I would not have used it but when I put it on the cake, some blue coloring got on my white fondant and I had to leave it.

All the decorations are edible images that I transferred to fondant "plaques" that I painted the edges gold on. Usually my cakes look better in the pictures...but in this case, the photos don't do it justice.

So, I hate the "edges" that you get when you add an edible image to fondant. I found that by carefully brushing them gently with a damp paintbrush, they soften a little. Then I cover the entire thing with a coat of piping gel. It gives it an unusual look with the shine, and it masks the edges.
If anyone else has tips on how to hide the edges...please let me know.

Thanks!!!!

ken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ken Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 3:36pm
post #9 of 14

Great Job. You do very good work!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 3:41pm
post #10 of 14

Terrific job! I love the color of the bow too!

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 4:49pm
post #11 of 14

Beautiful! Once again, another gorgeous cake! I love your work!

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 5:18pm
post #12 of 14

OMG your cakes are gorgeous!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 6:06pm
post #13 of 14

Beautiful!

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 29 Nov 2005 , 2:44am
post #14 of 14

Another beautiful creation thumbs_up.gif