Off-Topic Forums Guidelines

Lounge By Jackie Updated 21 Jan 2015 , 5:05pm by xbunny1985

Jackie Posted 27 Nov 2005 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 15

This is a place to chat about things that are not related to baking or cake decorating. This forum is not a "free-for-all". The same rules apply as in our other forums.

1. Absolutely no spamming or commercial advertisments

2. Keep it positive! it is OK to disagree with someone, but please do it respectfully. (however, if a heated discussion picks up, our moderators will be less likely to lock it, as the discussion is in the proper place, and not distracting from the cake-decorating topics.) Our moderators still reserve the right to edit/delete or move any threads in this area.

3. No adult-themed or violent, drug-related topics.

But most importantly.... Have Fun!!

icon_biggrin.gif

14 replies
Cakemaster26 Posted 27 Nov 2005 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 15

Thanks Jackie

I am sure everyone will enjoy the lounge!

m0use Posted 27 Nov 2005 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 15

Thank you Jackie!

Cake_Princess Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 12:18am
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie

This is a place to chat about things that are not related to baking or cake decorating. This forum is not a "free-for-all". The same rules apply as in our other forums.

1. Absolutely no spamming or commercial advertisments

2. Keep it positive! it is OK to disagree with someone, but please do it respectfully. (however, if a heated discussion picks up, our moderators will be less likely to lock it, as the discussion is in the proper place, and not distracting from the cake-decorating topics.) Our moderators still reserve the right to edit/delete or move any threads in this area.

3. No adult-themed or violent, drug-related topics.

But most importantly.... Have Fun!!

icon_biggrin.gif

No drug related questions? What if someone ask about antibiotics or Tylenol? LOL... Ok Joking.

On a serious note, I would like to know if it's possible to have a thread tagged as being edited when they Are edited by admin/moderators. I have no issue at all with comments being edited. I do however have a problem with comments being edited at will and no note saying so and so edited this comment. I think it's only fair to the person posting and to the other members of Cake central.

Lisa Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 2:16pm
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake_Princess

On a serious note, I would like to know if it's possible to have a thread tagged as being edited when they Are edited by admin/moderators. I have no issue at all with comments being edited. I do however have a problem with comments being edited at will and no note saying so and so edited this comment. I think it's only fair to the person posting and to the other members of Cake central.

Posts edited by Admins/Mods are supposed to be marked as having been edited. If a post has been edited, it would have a note from either the Admin or Mod in between brackets. Something like this

[Moderator edited to remove...]

mami2sweeties Posted 22 Feb 2006 , 3:29am
post #6 of 15

Wow that is very civilized of CC to post that a thread was edited by a mod or admin.

I go to one other site and it is not cake related but they mods there edited people's posts w/o telling them. They don't seem to get that it is rude to treat an adult like a child.

texastwinkie Posted 24 Feb 2006 , 10:03pm
post #7 of 15

I'm wondering if it would be ok for me to invite any parents whom have a son or daughter whom serve in the US Army to a new Army parent support forum? I'll understand if it's inappropriate. I don't really want to post the link but would like to invite them to pm me for the link. usaribbon.gif Thanks

skylightsky Posted 31 May 2006 , 7:40am
post #8 of 15

Hi,

Not sure if this is okay to post... so go ahead and edit if you wish.

Thought Texastwinkie above might like this link.

Copy and paste this into the address bar of your computer. Sometimes if it is used as a link it doesn't always work properly.

Someone forwarded this link to me... simply forwarding myself, not promoting it.

http://www.TheTrenchMovie.com

heystopthatnow Posted 2 Aug 2006 , 7:26am
post #9 of 15

sky, thanks for the link!
...I miss my husband!! I can't wait till he returns~

beemarie88 Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 9:11pm
post #10 of 15

Is it ok if we talk about products that we see on tv and if they work or not i read this after i posted sorry icon_redface.gif

Monkess Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 2:25pm
post #11 of 15

Just wondering is it okay to post links unrealted to cake deco here? I have tried posting a documentry link from youtube and it has gotten reoved-TWICE!! Thank you!

Heath Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 8:39pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkess

Just wondering is it okay to post links unrealted to cake deco here? I have tried posting a documentry link from youtube and it has gotten reoved-TWICE!! Thank you!

depends what it is related to. If it is getting removed it may not fit within the guidelines or intent of this forum area.

xbunny1985 Posted 21 Jan 2015 , 4:50pm
post #13 of 15

I'm new to this site (in terms of posting) and new in general to social media and am wondering if it's inappropriate to ask for people on this forum to vote for my cake for a contest I've entered on Facebook.  If not,do you have any suggestions of how/where I can get votes?  I'll appreciate any help. Thank you.

MimiFix Posted 21 Jan 2015 , 4:59pm
post #14 of 15

It's against forum rules to ask for votes. Your friends and relatives would be the appropriate source. 

xbunny1985 Posted 21 Jan 2015 , 5:05pm
post #15 of 15

Thank you MimiFix, that's what I thought. I appreciate the feedback and the prompt response.

Best regards.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%